Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too.

And coming from a multiethnic background, I've been able to compare and contrast such things in my own life. I'm careful not to always fall into a "this race vs. that race" trap because some issues have more to do with the particular family rather than the races involved. You can see this by comparing the way your grandmother raised her kids opposed to the way her brothers and sisters raised theirs... there will always be differences, big or small.

But when I say, for instance, that if Blair on OLTL was black, Starr would have only had to call her mother a bitch ONE.TIME. and she never would have done it again (not to her face at least)... this isn't me saying that all black parents physically discipline their kids or that all white parents let their children run them, it's just a gut reaction based on my background I have to such a situation.

I am not gaga over Yaya but I think the character of Cassie should remain on the canvas.

• Members

I agree. The idea of kids giving their parents extreme amounts of hell and getting away with it is something that stretches across all races on TV, from what I've seen. There are many, many, many movies and TV shows where the kid gets crazy on mom and dad and all the parents do is stand there with a confused look on their face as little Timmy smashes Grandma's vase into bits and pieces.

And I also agree with the person who mentioned how different characters of different race can have the same conversation but with different expressions, phrases, etc. I'll never be offended by a big black woman on TV screaming "Oh, helllllll no" or "No she did-in't!" Why? Because I seeeeee this [!@#$%^&*] every.fricking.day. It's real. It's the way people speak! I wouldn't be offended if young black guys on a TV show used the n-word. It's reeeeeeal. I see it and hear it eveeeeerydaaaaaaaaay. It's problem when it's implied that all of us talk that way, but if it's a small part of a conversation, I see no reason to get all upset. Again, it's reeeeeeeeeal. Real [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I think most of daytime's "divas" overact and are *way* overrated:

Erika Slezak, Deidre Hall, Susan Lucci, Genie Francis, Kim Zimmer....none of them are my cup of tea.

(Deidre and Genie were good in their original roles in the 80s, before their heads got too big)

I think Steve Burton and Maurice Benard are extremely overrated...they are boring, stony, cold actors IMO. They never make me *feel* anything. And I don't think they have chemistry with each other or anyone else for that matter.

I think Vanessa Marcil is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen, and I never understood Brenda's appeal....

Nadia Bjorlin is obviously gorgeous, but beyond that I don't see her appeal at all...she is so monotoned and can't act.

I don't think Alison Sweeney is a good actress.

I think Eileen Davidson and Crystal Chappell are also way overrated and they annoy me greatly

I totally agree with those who've said that Tony Geary phones it in now...he has for over a decade IMO. The last time I thought he still had "it" was 93-96, when he first returned as Luke.

I don't think Days' John and Marlena share an ounce of chemistry anymore, and their scenes always seem awkward to me now...like the actors are struggling to make it through a scene together.

Christian LeBlanc....zzzzzz

I think Ronn Moss is about as good of an actor as Eric Braeden (they both put me in a coma if I am forced to watch them).

Days' EJ raped Sami and EJami STILL disgusts me...EJ with anyone disgusts me.

Gh's Guza is nearly equal to James E Reilly as the worst writer ever in daytime, and I can't believe the praise he gets for destroying GH

I loved loved LOVED Tony and Anna on 80s Days of our Lives. I don't love them now.

I am not happy to have Stefano back at Days. The Dimeras vs Bradys story is OVERdone. Stick a fork in it. He is such a crutch for the show. Why can't they come up with other storylines?

Old school:

GH: I loved Stefan and Kat before Guza ruined them.

Days: I didn't think Shane and Kayla were the worst pairing to hit Days...Before Kim returned, I thought it was an interesting story. When the show tried to turn that into a triangle, that's when all the characters didn't resemble themselves and the story got awful.

Days: They never should have made DH's Roman into John....he should have remained Roman (or been fired to bring back Wayne's Roman)

• Members

Blair Cramer is a slut, whore, a hoochie mama, freak, Bottomless, Stench Cootie, Rotten Cootie, Men Eater, The Town Doorknob, Ms.7/11, Sore Back, Barf.

I can't stand Blair.

& will like to add me calling Blair what she is abusing the Blair character. I'll take it.

• Members

EVANGELINE NEEDS TO RETURN..........

I am so tired of all the past returns of characters who people lost interest in a long long time ago (I mean really who wanted to see Dallas & Delphina). How about TPTB bring back Evangeline, and the huge fanbase that goes with the character. REG is far more popular than some people are willing to admit, she may not be a legacy but shes popular for sure.

Oh and...Tangeline = LOVE!!!!!

Archived