Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't tempt me- I would love Darlene to cuss out all the women under 30. I can just imagine all the nasty sarcastic things Darlene would say to Tess. Hell, I'd take all the characters on that show to go toe to toe with llanview. I would sick Roseanne on Blair, and give Blair a steamy affair with John Goodman's character.

• Members

I do think people overestimate the humour on OLTL. I can't help but be confused whenever someone laughs at an episode title or something the horrific dialogue writers give the actors to recite on the show. More than often, I find that everything intended to be funny falls flat on the show.

• Members

LMAO! Seriously, the second we get information on a casting call for Delphina's family, I think you should go to the OLTL studios and demand onscreen credit for putting the idea is RC's head lol

I'm more comfortable calling Carlivati out on some of his [!@#$%^&*] now that I rarely watch whole episodes anymore. When he tossed out his cute little "our anniversary deserves more than a montage of clips, we're retelling classic stories blah blah blah" spiel, he failed to mention that every major storyline for July and August would be based on or lifted from other storylines by other writers. Mendora, heaven, 1968, this secret room garbage...all of it is based on something else. Did he run out of ideas or something? And instead of pulling the material out of his ass, he insteads pulls it out of somebody else's ass!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Soaps aren't worthy of survival. A prime time show of the best soap clips would be better.

Soaps aren't providing social commentary or change, they are stuck in a rut.

Dru/Victoria Rowell is not needed on the Y&R. I have liked not seeing her over the top style of acting. She'd be better on B&B

Sharon Y&R is a horrible despicable character.

Phyllis is misunderstood and needs a good explanation for the way she is.

Victor is an ugly old man and why do all these women fight over him? It must be the money.

Nick is a caveman.

Jana is great, one of the more original of the younger set.

I don't mind Adrienne Franz on Y&R while I hated her on B&B. Maybe it is because Lilly and Colleen are even worse. They should write her as Patty/Tawney's daughter by Jack Abbott.

Chloe is great and the new storyline reveal adds some much needed depth to the character.

Katherine is an evil, evil woman who always lived to destroy other women.

Jill is fabulous

Brad's eyes are too close together and he is no hunk. The only woman who was as yuck as him was Sharon. I would love them together on the backburner.

Jack vs. Victor, I'm always in Jack's corner.

Nikki and Bobby were better than Nikki and Victor.

Kimberlin Brown should come to Y&R in the role of Sugar who had her face changed to look like Sheila on B&B. Instead of playing a villain she could be a reformed woman and long term character.

I'm sure there are many more since my opinions are not very popular. Like I care, LOL!!

• Members

I have some more:

I loathe B&B's new production style. It almost completely destroyed the Pam/Donna scenes last week.

I love Katie and Bridget. Nick, not so much.

Heather Tom is much better as Katie than as Victoria.

What's the big deal about Elizabeth Hendrickson? She's good, but she's not that good. A better actress could have been cast as Chloe.

• Members

I happen to like B&B's new production model. Certainly some of the music could use a little retooling...but it's as close to a British soap as the USA is ever going to get!

Lauren Koslow should ditch DAYS and come home to B&B as Margo Lynley...even if that means Lesley Anne Down gets fired.

Archived