Unpopular Opinions

• Members

I dont think that Jess Walton is that fantastic. I dont think shes bad, shes seller. But shes not as fantastic as the hype.

I like Days of our Lives, tho that seems to be popular again. lol.

I never liked Luce Coe on GH or PC.

I like Ryan on AMC.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Nick's being an a**hole to Phyllis. He can't help but feel bad for Sharon. :(

I'm not gonna miss GL at all. Why didn't they cancel it even before they tried to revamp it into a hot mess?

I want Marty to die in another car accident. She's like a deep black swirling vortex. Every time I see her on the screen, I see death.

I think MAB's OK but she's mirroring a lot of storylines. For example, it'd be nice if various females on the show (Sharon, Phyllis, Karen, Nikki, Jana, Chloe) weren't on the verge of collapse/committing homicide. I'd like to see a guy break down once or no one break down at all. Jack just got a divorce from someone he didn't want to part with and is he about to go to Nick and bash his brains in? No!!!

I love Victoria Rowell but I don't think she should return. It's time Y&R to look toward the future and I'm sick of these shows inviting former famous stars to return only to have the writers completely squander their potential and talent and hype. It's either the real Dru or nothing at all. I don't want some fake-a** simulacra. Let's develop Colleen and Lily for Christ's sakes. More teen drama with Noah (forget Eden). Let's introduce more characters his age.

• Members

Some quick unpopular opinions:

I don't care for haughty Erika Slezak or her acting.

I'm still not seeing anything special out of Chris Engen. He has moments, but they're all too brief.

I think Monavie is delicious and it's changed my life. ***hopes Steve Burton will start posting on the board now***

that's because you're an !@#$%^&*].

All good. I can't stand Martha Byrne. :P

• Members

Y&R is more often than not an overrated cliched bore.

GH was one the most overrated soaps in the history of daytime.

Ryan's Hope was friggin bore.

AMC has always looked cheap as f-ck. Yuck.

Days is the most insipid, trite, blah, middle of the road soap ever put on this earth.

JFP's OLTL era was good and more sustainably (is that a word?) watchable than any regime since (despite the plot driven writing)

Kimberlin Brown is one of the most underrated actresses in daytime, ever.

Fiona Hutchison is one of the most underrated actresses in daytime, ever.

Tonja Walker is one of the most underrated actresses in daytime ever. (Her 1993-94 work on OLTL is super scary and completely forgotten. Alex was fierce).

Melody Thomas Scott, ditto.

Susan Flannery is daytime's best living actress.

From Youtube alone, Beverly McKinsey is daytime's BEST ACTRESS OF ALL TIME. Period.

OLTL is one of the most underrated soaps ever.

Agnes Nixon- overrated.

Bill Bell- THE MASTER.

Oh another thing, GL was once a beautiful show visually. Even on Youtube, the early- mid nineties, the show looked almost as good as Y&R. They seemed to really pay attention to detail, even the outdoor sets were impressive.

• Members

Deedee- Her finest moments were of terrorizing other women. She used those expressive eyes, she used her TEETH for christ sake. Her and Carlo were super elegant, scary, romantic... I watched the show for those two.

The episode (which I wish was on youtube) when Alex brought Sarah back to CASSIE AND BO's wedding!!! was one of my favorite ever. She went up to Cassie's room (Cassie ran off when it was clear that Bo was like SARAH'S BACK- F U CASSIE!

and she proceeded to taunt her, torture her, and go detail by detail as to how she found Sarah and brought her back.. and then she PUNCHED HER IN THE FACE!!!

What has happened to these damn shows?

• Members

I sooooo agree.

again, agree.

i agree, but i think your being sarcastic. I really do like Monavie, its esp good with Vodka.

Id kinda like to know what was here that was bleeped out, lol.

and i agree about Martah. So overrated.

Me too. I wish she had control of GH.

I agree. I tried to get into it on soapnet... but no. it was such a bore.

i agreee with you on AMC too. the hospital is the first decent set ive seen on that show!

thats how we Days fans like it :P

Flannery is perfection.

I agree about BM too.

And once again, i agree on the final bits.

i dont think we have ever agreed this much!

• Members

Kim Zimmer is fat, fiesty, and fabulous, and I wouldn't want her any other way.

DAYS is full of [!@#$%^&*] and I honestly don't see how anyone could have an emotional connection to it at all.

Marnie Schulenberg is awesome, it's the writing that sucks.

Maura West is an incredible actress but Carly is DONE. Stick a fork in her, folks!

James Scott ain't nobody.

Oh, and just to be sure, NUKE SUX.

• Members

I only have one really unpopular opinion. I preferred Doug Marland's ATWT to Bill Bell's Y&R. Marland was a master storyteller whose stories were captivating and well drawn. His ATWT had a warmth, family atmosphere and subtle intensity that I found captivating. He always seemed to cast the perfect actor for their role and never got caught up in loving one character over the others for long stretches. I miss Doug Marland.

Archived