Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamie Luner is doing an acceptable job of playing a character who has nothing in common with Liza Colby. Super lawyer, fake pregnancy, giving birth to a pillow while her daughter watches as some type of bonding experience. I still have no idea why they needed to cast her as Liza.

• Members

I don't know how unpopular it is, but Y&R sucks, and thanks to recent developments with the direction of the show, I've decided to quit watching it consistently come August.

The show is much too gimmicky, Y&R used to be the least gimmick-based soap on daytime, not so anymore. Also, there's a host of unsympathetic characters, characters/actors they have outlived their use, repetitive storylines, neglected characters/actors, and just sloppy and bad overall storytelling.

• Members

There there! I think that the only thing that is keeping the show afloat are the vets, just how it happened during the LML era. If you took them and replaced them with young people, there! You have an ABC soap. (Harsh, I know). But even the vets seem extremely bored, lazy, and most of them just do not turn in the performances they once did.

• Members

This is how I see it. Drake Hogestyn with his eyebrow managed to hold a job 25 years. Ric Heart, one of the so-called most talented people in daytime and emmy winners, got fired from every soap from coast to coast playing one failed role after another. I don't know who is a good actor and who is a bad actor, but I know if you want to be entertained, nobody will try harder to sell a stupid story than Drake H.

As for Lucci, I don't think it is possible to over rate her. I have been watching some early 80s AMC on youtube, and you see Lucci just own every scene and outshine everybody. She is AMC, AMC is nothing without her, and it can't be a coincidence that their audience collapsed the moment some brain surgeon decided Lucci was no longer the star and Minshew or Budig was.

And the worst actor DOOL ever had still has to be Charity Rahmer.

• Members

There's a difference between star quality and acting. Lucci has been riding on Erica's coattails from day one. If the character wasn't so grand, Lucci would have very little to give her any type of cache. She would've been Julia Barr'd by ABC ages ago.

And the brain surgeon -- and people refuse to accept this -- that switched the show from Lucci to Budig was Richard Culliton. He wanted to make Greenlee the new Bitchy Diva and Leo the new Leading Man. That's why All My Children turned into All Related to Leo. Leo was related to almost a third of the cast by the time he died. Leo was married to Greenlee, son of Vanessa, brother to David and Trey, brother in-law to Anna, cousin to Maggie, and distantly related to Kendall since she was Trey's half brother via Richard Fields. Culliton had a boner for Greenlee since day one. It was said around Emmy nominations in 2003, that it wasn't a surprise that Susan Lucci didn't submit anything from 2002 because that entire year, she had only worked about 4 or 5 months.

Archived