Unpopular Opinions

• Members

First off, I meant *effect*, lol another thread rubbed off on me. :P But yeah, I hate it when people fall for that crap and praise actors for being natural because when I was in acting school our teachers didn't hesitate to call "Bullsh*t!" when we *tried* to be natural, it just stinks to high heaven. Oh Lord, and another thing, false stammering/stuttering, the Alicia Minshew special. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kyle Lowder is the ugliest actor in daytime

Lesley-Anne Down sound hysterical in every scene when she talks

Love how beatifully and naturally Katherine Kelly Lang has ages.

Love Love Margo & Tom on ATWT

Melody Thomas Scott, Deidre Hall, Susan Lucci & Lauren Koslow are among the worst actresses on soaps.

Lindze Leatherman looks and acted boring.

Lesley-Anne Down should play Jack Wagners daughter, the man looks like he is closing in to 70 :lol:

• Members

Is it? I feel like it's actually been over-done - that's my only reason for thinking it should be "off-limits". And not even off-limits, just on moratorium (with baby switches and teens-on-the-run). But I never thought it should be off-limits entirely. In fact, I feel it's the perfect medium to tell a wonderful story of recovery from rape.

• Members

I say "off-limits" because that's a LOT of the feedback I had encountered after the news broke the Bianca was going to be raped. It wasn't about "oh, it's overdone!" or "oh, it's such a cliche" or "oh, the fallout is never handled properly..." which could be said about every single story ever told these days.

Na-ah! It was a flat out "rape should NEVER be used as entertainment!"

And I never heard that idea bandied about with any other subject such as miscarriages, serial killers, murder mysteries... even abortion. I speak from experience. I won't say the name of the place because I still frequent it, but this one message board had the whole "If you question 9/11 then you're unpatriotic" approach if you dared to view rape as simply another unpleasant but true-to-life story and not be appalled at rape being used as story. "If you don't find something wrong with rape as entertainment, you're either a misogynist, or worse... YOU'RE A MAN!" :rolleyes:

• Members

^^ I think I know that message board, if it is the Binks-friendly one I am thinking of.

UO: I wish Jill Farren Phelps had total creative control of GH. Even though she is tagged as a "soap killah," I think GH would be a lot better under her direction.

• Members

Oh, no, darling. I don't do anybody-friendly boards. It's hard enough for me dealing with the questionable logic of the Zendall fans and the Jake & Amanda fans on this universal board. I don't need to go looking for trouble! LOL! But, no it was an AMC specific board, but it's not driven by a particular fan base except die hard AMC fans.

• Members

LOL, I stand corrected. And I didn't mean to suggest that all Bianca fans would immediately get territorial in quite the way you outlined; a couple do get very protective of their favorite character, though (witness Pratt Falls).

• Members

Yikes. What are they smokin'? Recovery from any kind of sexual assault or sexual abuse, when told from an honest, truthful place, can be extremely inspirational, educational and very moving on daytime. I just don't like how they're rushed through, and barely mentioned once the "story" is over. That is a story that should never really "end" but should always inform the characters. (Oh, who am I kidding - every story should be like that!)

But yeah - that other place sounds scary. Makes me glad to be here. :)

• Members

Ex-ACTLY! And I loved Billy Warlock as AJ. Maybe she would have convinced Sean Kanan to come back, too. I also think she might have toned down the emphasis on AJ as DA EVUL vs. Sonny + Jason Are Love. The irony is that during the writers strike early in 2008, the writing for GH was widely attributed to JFP (and the actor who played Dr. Devlin confirmed it). I gotta say, that was when GH was actually pretty watchable. OK, the "Diego is the CGI Serial Killer" was a load of balls but I think it was to prevent somebody else more rooted to the canvas from becoming the insta-serial killer. As I recall, there was a cohesiveness to the stories and a lot of hospital being featured, too.

Archived