Unpopular Opinions

• Members

Yes, they went in ABC, so he closed out the show.

I also liked Maureen's, which was so...Maureen.

And JVD looked very hot in his photo.

I wonder how much time they spent with those, picking the right photo. I can't remember if they updated when actors got new haircuts or had noticeably aged. I don't know if the practice was around long enough to require that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Lizzie wore some ugly stuff too but most of the horrors were with Marah. I love that skullcap which seems to have been decorated by a serial killer.

Is that Tammy beside Marah?

That big pimp coat she is wearing at Company is so hilariously terrible. I think their line at the time was, "She wants to be a fashion designer, so she dresses this way." Yeah.

• Members

Were she only designing the stuff for the younger set? Bc I liked some of the stuff KZ, LW, and CC were wearing at the time, but yeah the younger set were dressed horribly.

I remember hearing about Lindsey McKeon donning leg warmers in one episode as Marah. :shudder:

• Members

Yeah, it was always pretty perfect that Zaslow or Zimmer would have the last spot. Remember Beverlee's photo in that fluffy white fox hat? I miss those closing credits, really haven't watched GL since those days, but you really did sit and watch picture after picture, sometimes trying to guess who came next, and you actually thought about each character and had a reaction to them. Isn't it amazing? So simple. Yet networks would rather squeeze in commercials and shrink the credits to fine print and fire them off at the speed of light.

• Members

I loved the Hold On To Love closing with the cast pics! It brings back so many great memouries, and the original closing version is so soothing and makes me smile every time.

Here's the earliest version of the closing that I just found on YouTube. Damn, the theme, and the individual screen shots of the actors went so well together. You'll notice that some of shots of the actors stayed that same throughout the early/mid 90's, while some changed.

This is from shortly Robert Calhoun stepped down as EP and before Jill Farren Phelps came on.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtF2OHbqQLE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtF2OHbqQLE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtF2OHbqQLE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

Thank you! They really did change some pictures. I don't remember that photo of Roger, or Lillian, and then others they had to change as the characters changed (I forgot Kat ever dressed in that weird preppie style). I never knew Francesca was in the photos. The only time I liked Mallet was that story.

That music is definitely soothing. I didn't even realize until I saw the Bloss wedding in clips that the song the girl was singing was the GL theme. I think that song is utterly perfect, words are not necessary.

• Members

Francesca's pic is so hauntingly beautiful in that closing. LOL! Nancy Curlee admitted to hating Francesca/Mallet, but I didn't think they were so bad.

I know there's a vocal version of the theme sung by Roberta Flack somewhere out there. They used to use it a lot during the early 90's.

I'm so glad they changed Maureen Garrett's pic, the original one used in the opening above didn't do her early 90's beauty enough justice.

• Members

I liked that story, it let us know who Mallet was, I liked the actors together, and I liked seeing the Mallet/Mindy bond. At the time Mallet and Harley was too forced for me to enjoy. Then again at the time I liked Hart and Julie so I may have had awful taste.

Did Roberta sing that at Hamp and Gilly's wedding?

The changes they made to the photos later on were more flattering, I agree.

I think they kept poor Jean Carol with that picture (which is nice, but not very Nadine and which ages her) her entire run.

It makes me really bummed out when I hear people talk about how much they hate the Coopers. I remember what they used to be, how wonderful they were. I don't think they were ever quite the same after Buzz, especially after Lucy, but I still have my memories of those early years.

• Members

Sorry :(

Here are a few.

I never really cared about Jack/Erica on AMC.

I think Lisa Rinna is OK, and if she could just stop being so desperate and if she could do something about all the bad plastic surgery, I wouldn't mind seeing her in an acting role again.

Archived