Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wright is definitely WRONG! I can tell she is a miserable actress because she has been able to take a character that I enjoyed and make me absolutely hate her! I look forward to characters I don't even like (such as Robin or Sam or Maxie) coming along and smacking Carly down. I enjoy when other actors are able to outshine this overrated Zimmer-esque screen ham! I'll never forget after Sonny shot Lorenzo in the head, when Robin Christopher as Skye DECIMATED Laura Wright's shrill Carly. Laura Wright tried her best to squint and do her ghetto neck roll, but it was no match.

• Members

Gladly. She's one of the MAJOR reasons why I quit watching GH after eight years. I got sick of the overrated, scenery chewing SHREW! Carly is an insecure trailer trash girl with abandonment issues -- not some Valley Girl head cheerleader. So, sorry... Laura Wright's incredibly horrid portrayal of Carly Benson can...

33y1gmo.gif

• Members

OK, well, this is going to be hugely unpopular. I hatedHATED*HATED* "Laura Wright's Character" ( © R Sinclair) for years. Couldn't stand that entitled, Dina Lohan lookalike. Don't know what happened -- I think it was when TIIC decided Carly needed to be away from Da Mob and just doing ordinary stuff with Jax and The Kidz she keeps telling everybody she would die for. Anyhoo. That's when I began not FFing Laura Wright's Character. That's when I began referring to Laura Wright's Character as Carly. I honestly think Ingo Rademacher (and lord knows he's no Gene Hackman) does wonders for LW's portrayal. It's like he forced her to take it down a notch or five.

Also unpopular. I like Claudia. I don't see OriginalCarly when Sarah Brown appears on my screen, I see Lady MacBeth in biker leather, biceps and chemically straightened hair. And I love it. Love that we're not told to feel sorry for Claudia, she's just misunderstood. Love her plotting people's death and using Michael and lusting after her bro and just being generally psychotic. I was very dismissive of SJB-as-Claudia at first but I guess I am a convert now.

Oh. And I also like Olivia. Guza must be spiking my drinking water or something.

Maurice "Method" Benard still sucks, though.

I also miss Ted King as Lorenzo and wish TPTB had given CarLo a fighting chance back when Tamara Braun was in the role.

• Members

LOL, I didn't make that statement to win friends.

Yes, there is a weird justice to it. At the same time, I would like to see the focus on characters outside of the Moob rewarded.

• Members

This is sometimes true, sometimes not. There are a lot of enjoyable days and I loved the recent frontburning story for Tony Geary and Jane Elliot, but then you get days where Claudia or Spin discuss some pretty dull stuff. Claudia especially seems to have had the same conversation for the last six months. But yeah, it is way better than it was just a couple of years ago.

• Members

But there is no focus on characters outside of the mob. Sure they are doing different things with the non-mob characters, but Sonny and his kids, Jason, Claudia and their new mob war eat up most of the airtime.

Sometimes you get what you deserve and this is exactly what GH is getting in the ratings.

Archived