Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I realized it couldn't be any good considering Even a Comedic Show Like "Desperate Housewives" had more taste When It Came to this kind of thing, Sure Edie Threw Ashes on Susan the moron, but those were a Bitch's Ashes, that got to rest on a yard, While Edie's were far more beautifully and tastefully spread through the street (but a questionable Big Amount), despite her more than occasional differences with the heroines, The only way something like that would be possibly funny would be if an enemy was spreading those Ashes, like "even dead and burned you cause me trouble" but to be fair how often thy enemy will take the time to spread you Ashes?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did they?! Especially after how tragic and emotional her death was?! I have go back and rewatch that era to see this. Just abhorrent. 

I feel like they are trying to go for dark comedy but it does not hit in this moment at all. It was a young girl that was killed horrifically and we're supposed to giggle at her ashes going in someone's face? I think not. It just confirms how little the writers themselves thought of the character. Shock value ain't always good. 

• Members

I honestly don't know what they were going for, but whatever it was it failed. Unless of course they were going for disgust and repulsion, because in that case they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that someone, at some time, actually thought this was a good idea....

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think a lot of this is because we, the fans, care about these shows and the characters in a way that I don't think the writers and networks do. For them it's a job, a career, a way to bring in money, whereas we form an emotional attachment, especially to shows that last as long as Emmerdale has done. For example, I've had this show in my life, to varying degree, for over 40 years.

• Members

Can Emmerdale actually win at the Soap Awards next year? I can’t even remember a storyline that would be worth it. I bet they win because of the 50th anniversary but idk.

I always voted for Emmerdale mostly but next year this sh’tshit won’t get any votes from me. Corrie and Hollyoaks will get all my votes. 

• Members

Victoria! Robert! Sarah! Jack Jr. ! Andy! 
the few I can always name on top in my head. But there were a few others left. I mean when they can add a damn long lost brother for Cain then it shouldn’t be that hard to create one for Victoria or Andy.

@I Am A SwedeThanks for correcting me

Please register in order to view this content

I’m quiet over the Dingles. I know how u feel about them and I kinda start to get it. I‘m one of those people that always try’s to find something good in a soap even if it‘s bad. I‘m shocked that with Meena that at least something was going on. But after Meena left this show had reached the maximum of boredom. I‘ve never seen a more boring show then ED lately. What just happened ?

EE is boring too but at least they are trying but ED feels like they don’t even give a damn anymore lol