So, which Dingle is it gonna be?  

Please register in order to view this content

Eli? Del? Nellie? Debbie? Tina? Albert?

Emmerdale airs sad Arthur Thomas scenes after Noah run-in

All signs points towards Arthur

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

Other than the need for Arthur to be outed, and the ensuing misery, the scenes where he came out to Nicola were lovely and moving - Emmerdale at its best. Also good to see the long history between Nicola and Laurel utilized.

I was never into this story, that's being kind, but still, I'm very impressed with Natalie Robb's talents.

• Members

Yes! It's moments like these that keep me from giving up on this show completely. They are perfect examples of how good it could be if they cut back on all the stunts and disasters (and Dingles!

) and focused on the smaller moments and human interactions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Emmerdale Farm alumni George Fenton, who played Martin Gimbel 1975-76, but is nowadays more famous as a composer, will receive a CBE at this year's New Year's Honour.

He's written a lot of film scores, including "Gandhi", "Shadowlands", "Land and Freedom", "Dangerous Liasions", "Groundhog Day" and "You've Got Mail". He's also written music for many wildlife documentaries, including "The Trials of Life", "Frozen Planet", "The Blue Planet" and "Planet Earth".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Whenever I encourage someone to watch Emmerdale, I usually compare it to Falcon Crest.  They're both agrarian based stories that explore the lives of families from different social classes.  And they both have killer opening themes. 

That being said, I would never recommend that a first time viewer watches anything before the plane crash re-set in 1993.  Tune into YouTube and watch the history of Kim Tate, the love story of Aaron and Robert, the murder of Tom King, or any of the families who've lived at Home Farm (my favorites were the Sinclairs).  Just stay away from the Dingles, until you're really hooked into the plot.