Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I mean the Tates they added with Joe and Jamie were really great. I know some were not keen on Jamie and his actor but at least he was likeable.

But Kim/Joe and the Graham story was explosively entertaining.

But I don’t feel a damn thing about Frank Tate being brought up again and having a son like Caleb. I just hope that this story will bring back the old Kim. I want her to get her claws out again and give them all hell for messing with her. Miss my old Kim. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Emmerdale nominations for the 2023 British Soap Awards:

Viewer-voted categories:

Best Leading Performer: Sally Dexter (Faith Dingle) & Dominic Brunt (Paddy Dingle)

Best Villain: Michael Wildman (Al Chapman)

Best Young Performer: Huey Quinn (Kyle Winchester)

Best British Soap

Panel-voted categories:

Best Comedy Performance: Samantha Giles (Bernice Blackstock)

Best Dramatic Performance: Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle)

Best Single Episode: All-male man club episode

Best Newcomer: William Ash (Caleb Milligan)

Best Family: The Dingles  (

Please register in order to view this content

)

Best Storyline: Paddy's suicide attempt

Scene of the Year: Paddy's suicide attempt

Best On-Screen Partnership: Mark Charnock and Dominic Brunt (Marlon Dingle & Paddy Dingle)

Full list of nominations here: https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a43766925/british-soap-awards-2023-shortlist/

• Members

I bought two tickets for the British Soap Awards 2023… but I won’t vote for ED this year. I’m sorry but not even Paddy could save that mess for me. My votes will go out to Oaks, EE and Corrie (even though there was too much going on storywise).. 

maybe next year.. I kinda miss the Meena era lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I realize that having a major storyline on this show that doesn't involve the Dingles is unrealistic nowadays, but I firmly believe that the Caleb vs Kim storyline could have been so much better, and much more tied to the show's history if written differently.

I would have had Caleb be the brother of Steve Marchant, Kim's husband just before her departure in 1999. He and Kim had plotted to commit insurance fraud by stealing one of Kim's horses, selling it and also collecting the insurance. Unfortunately Steve hit Kathy with his car while he was stealing the horse and she ended up in a coma for a while. When she woke up everything unraveled. Steve was sent to prison, while Kim got away with a load of cash. The story should then be that when Steve eventually got out his life was ruined and he eventually killed himself. Now his brother is targeting Kim for revenge....

I think that would have been a much better story than this whole convoluted Caleb-being-the-illegitimate-son-of-Frank crap they've given us.

Edited by I Am A Swede