Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is simple what happened to this show--they've been trying to keep up with EE and Corrie with the big stunts over the top characters and stories. 

What drew me into ED (at the start of the King family era) was the simplicity of this little village and all its eccentric characters that would occasionally have high stakes moments--moments that actually made sense. Nowadays, there aren't even high stakes anymore. They just tell stories for shock value back to back with no real payoff. 

Again, I lost interest in the show when Ashley died of Alzheimers. That was the last beautifully told story on this show. And I felt he (along with Diane) was the piece of heart this show had. I'd peep in occasionally for Diane and Robert, but once they sent Robert to jail, I was really disinterested. 

• Members

Thank you for this! I finally found the time to listen to it. It was great hearing Jane talk about her time on Emmerdale Farm, and I loved the "sibling" reunion with Ian Sharrock.  

Please register in order to view this content

Sad to hear that the people in charge at Emmerdale were so rigid in their attitude towards getting Sandie back occasionally. Finally we also got an answer to the question of why Sandie missed her own brother's funeral....

• Members

One, that is distasteful.

Two, it is heinous. If Liv is supposed to be this "beloved" character, why dishonor her by having her ashes land in her beau's mouth? I don't find that comedic at all. It's horrifying. Bad call by the writers. 

Thank God they didn't have this happen to Victoria when she was scattering Annie's ashes awhile back. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

What the hell is this??!!  Who the [!@#$%^&*] came up with this idea, and who thought that it was even remotely funny, in any shape or form.

That is [!@#$%^&*] disgusting!! But I should have expected something like this from the absolute morons who are running this show now. I feel sick!

I can't even begin to express how disgusted I feel just thinking about it.