Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

^^

Well and truly the end of an era... That farmhouse kitchen remains the set I most associate with Emmerdale, and with Annie. It always felt so safe and familiar and it has such a prominent place in my childhood memories. I remember watching Emmerdale Farm alongside my mother when I was just 4-5 years old. It was her favourite show on tv and I used to lie under the sofa table and watch it together with her. I didn't understand English and I could barely read so I had no idea what was happening, but I remember loving the theme music.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh My god. The younger cast of Emmerdale are the nicest, most friendliest and down to earth people I got to meet at the British Soap Awards!

jacob‘s actor came straight to me and I was so nervous. I asked him for a picture and he was completely in charge!

Noah‘s actor and the actress of Sarah Sugden‘s actress were so kind to me. Even got pictures. She was a bit upset coz that one women tried to block me from getting close to her but she still made that picture work! 

i got  two actresses of ED to take my iPhone to make a picture with me. Amy Walsh (Tracy) took 4 whole pictures with me and my mother with my phone. I asked Rosie Bentham (Gabby) for a picture and gave her my phone and she was totally down for it lol 

im still so hyped and excited that two actresses of ED and two of Corrie got m phone in their hands and made a picture with me. I’m sorr for writing so much. But It was just something special 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Update on Malandra Burrows and her fight against breast cancer:

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10804609/Emmerdales-Melandra-Burrows-says-breast-cancer-prognosis-changes-time.html

Oops, that was apparently from last year....

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

@I Am A Swede Very sad to hear about Meg. I think we all knew she hadn't been doing well, as I think otherwise Pearl would have had a proper exit, but I'm sorry to hear she's gone. She was such a warm, funny actress, and even though she had many other roles (including many Victoria Wood productions), Pearl is where I knew her best. Of the wonderful trio of "oldies" Emmerdale had in Betty, Pearl and Edna, Pearl was often written as the flightiest, making the same mistakes over and over, but she had a good heart, and you always cared about her. I remember how much she resented Edna, knowing Len had only ever really loved her, and how their friendship won out anyway. I miss those types of nuanced relationships on soaps, but I know they're never coming back, and I should just be glad for what we had. 

• Members

I miss that trio: Betty, Pearl and Edna, sitting in the Woolpack and offering hilarious commentary on everything going on in the village. Three distinctive personalities, brought beautifully to life by Paula, Shirley and Meg. 

Now sadly they're all gone...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought Rishi was a likeable character and he brought a lot of continuity to the show given that he'd been there for over a decade. He wasn't a favorite of mine, but if the show is getting rid of long term characters he wouldn't have been first on my list. 

With that said, there are some fans out there at places like Digital Spy that trashed Rishi for years and are now very upset he's gone, so I think it's a lesson for people to appreciate some of these characters while they have them.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Not on mine either. There are so many other options.... Zak, Marlon, Sam, Paddy, Cain.....

I think that's very common. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

But I'm sure TPTB will give them some never-before-heard-of Dingle relative to ease their pain....

• Members

Emmerdale casts former Hollyoaks actor in Nate and Caleb storyline

Why couldn't he be his former Emmerdale character? It's been 24 years and it's not like he was a well-developed character back then so he's practically a blank slate anyway, and it would give Samantha Giles something to sink her teeth into if Bernice's former fiancee turned up....