Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, this "murder mystery" is another spectacular failure for this show. All this hype, a whole week of Dingles (

Please register in order to view this content

) with flashbacks and whatever, and it turns out none of them actually did the deed. It was Kim's horse who killed Craig. 

And what's their next brilliant idea you ask? Well, the idiots who run this show thought it was a good idea to give Eric, the longest-serving character, Parkinson's disease. As if the show isn't bleak and depressing enough.

Oh, my poor Emmerdale. What have they done to you....

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

I swear. I skipped last weeks ED and watched Big Brother episodes instead. Can’t with this show anymore. 
David‘s exit storyline is a disgrace. He’s leaving after 17 years… All he gets is his ex girlfriend he tried to win back having a fling with his son and his father gets a disease? No wonder that men is leaving this mess. Gimme a break.

Charity is the only Dingle I could actually tolerate but nah

There is not one storyline worth watching right now and I’m normally easy to please. Hey I loved the effin Meena storyline:(

• Members

On paper, I don't think the idea of giving Eric a Parkinson's story - in older people, the disease can sometimes progress more slowly, so the show can tell the story in more detail; it would also be interesting to see the old Eric (who was so in need of being in control at all times) in this situation. Unfortunately, I have no trust in the show to do the story justice, and with David on the way out, Eric is going to be very isolated.

• Members

Sure, it might sound good on paper, but it's just more of the doom and gloom that dominates the show now, and it's exhausting to watch, and frankly not fun either. And, like you, I have zero confidence in the show to do this kind of story justice. Their track record speaks for itself. It's extremely plot-driven and just jumps from plot point A to plot point B without any kind of build-up or, more often than not, any kind of satisfactory climax or longterm repercussions. And does anyone believe that they would give Eric enough screentime to give a story like this the emotional punch it deserves? Of course not! His last name isn't Dingle!

I never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to feel that it's time to put this show out of it's misery. The Emmerdale I knew and loved is dead and buried anyway.....

• Members

I think we're in the last few years...ITV taking a pause on their soap awards, the ever declining ratings, etc. We'll see. I hope they can have some good moments before the end. I just can't watch the current show, especially Aaron returning to be even more of a thuggish piece of [!@#$%^&*] than ever.