• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Emmerdale star Danny Miller addresses negative reaction to Aaron storyline

What has there been to enjoy??

Please register in order to view this content

He's been rude, obnoxious and generally a bastard, and if Danny Miller thought that people would enjoy that then he's out of touch with reality. I wonder if he thought that just by showing up he'd be popular again?  

• Members

I can see where he might have thought fans would understand Aaron wasn't in his right mind and would give him a chance, but Aaron has always been a divisive character and Miller's peak of popularity was well over a decade ago. His initial return was horribly written. I do feel bad for him in that some people were fat-shaming him, which is why he left Twitter, but fans who are just sick of Aaron as a character have plenty of grounds to feel that way. 

• Members

There's a difference between understanding someone and enjoying them though. Even I can understand Aaron to an extent. But that's not the same as enjoying him. I guess you could blame some of it on the writing. Aaron has never been the most endearing character, but he's been downright unwatchable on his return, and Danny Miller doesn't really have the talent or charisma to make up for the horrible writing. Fat-shaming someone however is completely unacceptable of course, that goes without saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What is it with this show and dead people's ashes? I don't think anyone has forgotten the disgusting way they handled Liv's ashes, and now they're at it again with Lisa's....

I find it really distasteful, and it makes me incredibly grateful that they didn't do anything like this with Annie's ashes.

• Members

Gosh that story is horrifying…

I bet it will drag on til Christmas and Tom gets killed and everyone thinks it was Belle coz of an schizophrenic attack or something like that lol

But kudos to these two. They are working their butts off with this material

• Members

The payoff is so they can be patted on the back for yet another "issue-based" storyline. 

It's all lazy, cheap material, poorly developed and utterly predictable - of course as his father was EVIL EVIL EVIL, he must be too.

• Members

Moments like this makes me glad that I put Emmerdale on ice. It hurts my heart that they are making the son of my beloved Carl (as I loved the King clan at their height) be the latest villain. Again, I just feel this will end up poorly for Tom in that he'll be murdered much like majority of his family. And yet again poor Jimmy will be the only King on the show (besides his kids). It's low hanging fruit and yet another chance to make annoying a** Belle be a damsel and victim.

• Members

I would much have preferred if Belle was the abuser. It would be much harder for Tom to get anyone to believe him if/when he spoke up, and Belle could use the threat of her family to keep him in line. But that would require them to make a Dingle the actual villain for once, and we can't have that, can we....

We're supposed to look upon them as being right all the time, even when they're doing horrible things. 

Funny, even that small glimpse of Emmerdale Farm brought me more pleasure than a whole month's worth of the current show.