Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I’ve catched up with ED to the newest episode and I’m like: wth is that show even on about?

THIS is the exit storyline for David after 17 years? On paper I would’ve kinda liked it with him Leaving the village hurt after his son sleeps with his ex etc. But what was that on screen? 

And Jacob punching him again? THIS is the legacy son of that damn evil Eric and he lets himself get cheated on by his own son and his girl and lets himself get slapped by his son.. again? 

Thank god the actor has enough lol

• Members

A Statement About Steve Halliwell | Emmerdale (itv.com)

Just adding the official statement. 

Steve was a good actor, charismatic, the anchor for several generations of the Dingles. Zak really wouldn't have been anything without him. 

He was also extremely good in a small but important role in Threads, as part of the bunker team of "experts" who slowly succumb. 

• Members

Wow, this is a shock. I don't think anyone have missed how I feel about the Dingles, but those feelings only apply to the fictional characters, not the actors. Steve was a fine actor, and he has been a part of Emmerdale for a long time. I wish all the best to his family and friends. It's always hard to lose a loved one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've only seen bits and pieces over the years, but I am in fact watching the plane crash saga this holiday season in time for its 30th anniversary. (There is some claim online Kathy Tate is apparently returning in 2024 after years, but I don't think it's credible.) I always did like Kim and Leah Bracknell's character.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I can't believe it's been 30 years already since the plane crash!   

Please register in order to view this content

Of course I didn't see it until roughly 1996, since we were a few years behind at the time. 

I have mixed feelings about the whole storyline. Yes, it was successful, and well done, but it changed Emmerdale forever and the show has tried over and over again to replicate that success, with varying results. 

As for Kathy returning....what would be the point? Don't get me wrong, I loved Kathy when she was around, but she's been gone for over 20 years, and the village is not what it was when she lived there. Practically everyone she interacted with are gone, the only real exception being Kim. And I wouldn't trust the current writers to know what to do with her. I would rather have her memory intact than watching her get destroyed, which she undoubtedly would be. And then there's obviously the issue of Malandra Burrows' health. She was battling breast cancer last I heard. Hopefully she's on the road to recovery, but I haven't been able to find any news about that.