Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Robert is seriously disgusting for what he did to Lawrence. I just can't with this ahole anymore. Why can't he just leave that family alone? No they're not perfect little angels or saints but they deserve more than Robert. 

This whole thing with Pete and Ross...what is Ross planning on doing with all that money. I didn't catch if he revealed anything. I did like Pete being the better man and agreeing to bury the hatchet for his parents sake. Even though I don't buy for a minute that he's truly bought into Ross's very canned and obvious act. Maybe I hallucinated but I swear I thought I saw a hit of remorse on Ross' face after Pete said sorry to him.

• Members

I just can't work up any pity for Lawrence, especially as he walked right into the situation. The show is constantly trying to make fans pity Lawrence, Chrissie, and Lachlan, even if they have to make Robert a hate figure to do it. It's just lazy writing. I wish they'd just said to hell with it and had Lawrence have sex with Connor. They had chemistry, and Lawrence is a sexy guy for his age. At least then the blackmail plot would have had more teeth.

• Members

They had a little chemistry...I have to give it to yah boy tho...Robert and that guy were having mad chemistry. Like way more than he did with Lawrence.

As for "poor me Aaron" and this pathetic attempt to get Andy to forgive and possibly have sex with him I just can't. Between Aaron and his mother I really don't know who's gonna be the first to drunken kiss and make out with Andy.

Not that blame him...the guy is ridiculous built and that voice is just too hot but given their relationship to Katie I think its a bit much.

• Members

Omigod! Nikhil is returning! So happy about this. He was always the best Sharma family member - and the hottest.

I bet it's not permanent, so I hope for a reasonably long guest stint. I don't want it to be for one or two episodes like with Paul.

Back to the show: Really hated that Robert was behind the set-up. 1. It was predictable to the point a blind person could see it coming; 2. It would have been so much better to have Robert acting out of compassion instead of selfishness and ruthlessness. The character needed to be seen doing something decent, like helping Lawrence, not b/c it would benefit himself, but b/c it was the right thing to do. Robert could have earned Lawrence's gratitude the honest way, instead of standing on yet more deception that when revealed will have him kicked to the curb, again. Boring. ED really needs to start remembering the characters again, instead of being tempted by the lure of sensational plotting.

• Members

Not surprised that Ryan Hawley lost again (the show has given Robert nothing but trash, and many viewers despise Robert, something else the show doesn't care about fixing), but I was happy for Danny Miller, as I think he has given a lot of good performances this year. Adam Woodyatt won earlier this year so I wasn't annoyed as I may have been otherwise. I'm especially pleased that Danny Dyer didn't win anything. 

Adam Fielding looked breathtaking. There were no solo photos of him, so I just cropped one with him and Ryan and Danny as if I'd cropped everyone out it probably wouldn't have worked.