Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't mind her either, but she'd lost purpose about 5-6 or more years before Sammy left. I admire her for taking the choice to quit.

I get tired of "killer Robert" when nobody says "killer" about the other characters on the show who have killed or almost killed people, so I'm glad he said something. I really think it's one of the reasons he doesn't win any awards. 

Anyway, Patsy Kensit wants to go back to Emmerdale. I wouldn't mind it.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-09-08/patsy-kensit-i-miss-emmerdale

• Members

I'm glad she quit too. There was nowhere else Katie could go. The character did all she could do. Or at least what the writers would allow her to. 

And I (too) grow tired of characters calling Robert a killer when half of the village have murdered or attempted to murder people. Especially anyone with the last name Dingle. 

YYAASSSS!!!!! ^_^ Bring Sadie King back! She is one of my favorite Emmerdale characters. But I need her ass back at Home Farm dripping in jewels and furs. I need her married to some rich loser with a scandalous, rich family with tons of secrets.

• Members

Totally echo everything you said. But...

BIB: ED likes to avoid that kind of thing these days. I think that's why a lot of HF families fail, b/c they are never allowed to be the rich, scandalous characters they need to be. The Whites are better than the Maceys in that respect, but no where near the level of rich and scandalous as they should be. By scandalous, I mean the inter-family skeletons kind. So, I don't have faith that Sadie would be written like she should be.

• Members

I have a feeling if she came back it might be for a Jimmy story. Knowing ED and Jimmy in recent years, she too would have his long-lost child. 

Home Farm looks and feels out of place and cheap these days. I really miss the cozy old office set, often with a receptionist (the best being Edna). The current perpetually empty office (we see [!@#$%^&*] SAM in there more than we see anyone else) and vacuous mansion (with no location shots whatsoever) only solidifies the out of placeness. Then there's Chrissie the perpetually whining victim, and Lawrence the sap. You know I never would have thought John Bowe would have sexual chemistry with men, and maybe the show has no plans to ever go there with him and Bowe may not even want to go there, but I wish they'd just try an actual triangle with Lawrence, Bernice and a man. Hell, if it were me, I would have had him sleep with Robert while Chrissie was away. 

As for Lachlan, unless he gets intense therapy I don't want to see him at all. The actor is more than capable, he's actually very good, but the attempts to whitewash him are not enough for me.

• Members

Mann guys I'm really worried about Jai. But at the same point I totally wouldn't bat an eye lid if he died.... Damn those David and Eric scenes are heart breaking. Loved Eric reading all these fools a few days ago.... I can't believe Debbie is married to David in real life...so unfair. But still my boo Ross is waiting for me and Kirin is looking so good these days