HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

He was sweet; the guy's been awful this season. Its why i said I hope he gets his head back together. He's been too much of a mess lately but hopefully resolving things with Jess will finally allow him to move on and get back to how he used to be

I have no idea when they start filming but considering she's preggers now, it could mean even less Sookie next season. I wouldnt be surprised if she goes missing again

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Hoyt. Jessica was the first woman that he ever loved or had sex with so it is no wonder that the way the relationship ended traumatized him. I hopefully he survives this situation and becomes the Hoyt that we know and love again. He needs a new love interest, preferable a supernatural creature without too much drama.

• Members

The biggest problem with this season is that nothing has been happening and everything is in a holding pattern. I think it was a mistake to bring Russel back, he is virtually unkillable and that annoys me because their honestly is no reason for him. There is no reason for anything happening right now, and I personally find the idea of an out and out war of Supernaturals uneventful. We did that already in small parts with Vampires against Wolves, Vampires against Witches, Vampires against Humans and more. I guess this season is mildly better then season 4 because those witches were awful, but not by much.

• Members

I was enjoying the Authority until they killed off Chris Meloni. I thought that we were going to see the Authority taken on Lilith's followers head to head.

My problem with Russell is that I simply don't buy that Eric would not have given him the true death. Russell killed Eric's family. There is no way that Eric who is vindictive and vicious would not have given him the true death. For goodness, Eric gave Talbot, Russell's love the true death.

• Administrator

I love that King Russell is back - he's my favorite character. Loved him singing karaoke and he has hilarious lines like, "Praise Lilith! Praise Jesus! Praise Mose's cock!" :lol: Plus, Denis O'Hare is such a great actor.

I was disappointed with Roman's death too. I thought Chris Meloni was awesome in that role.

• Members

My poor Eric. I hope that he escapes soon. I knew that Russell would turn on the new Authority. I was hoping that he would kill Salome at least.

I loved Tasha killing that vampire. I hope Luna and Sam rescue Emma and then he leaves them both for good. I want Sam with Tara. I did giggle at Steve Newlin yelling at poor Emma for not staying in wolf pup form.

My poor sweet Hoyt. I hope that he is not gone for good. I rolled my eyes at Jason crying because he and Jessica with their selfishness did this to Hoyt.

I think that baby the fairie is carrying is Andy's.

• Members

This is seriously my favorite season ever. There is so much going on and I am loving the interactions and relationship dynamics.

Jason killed me over Hoyt. Like.. i cant even with that. There is nothing worse than losing a friend like that. Breakups are easier than that [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I wouldn't say it's a bad season so much as nothing is happening and that makes it seem worse because it's boring. Most of the characters have been amiss throughout the season and none of their choices are making any real sense. Sookie, Jason, Lafayete and Jessica don't have any direction this season. Bill and Eric have spent the entire season locked down in that damn cellar and the werewolves don't do anything. I would say the only thing this season has done well is define its side characters for instance Andy, Sam and Luna for instance seem to be more important then they actually are and their journey as characters have made the most sense. I would also say another big problem is that the show has written itself into a corner by bringing back the invincible Russel and completely rewriting Bill's character. With Russel there is a bigger problem of no one can do anything with him around because he holds everyone else in check, no one can kill him and so he holds all the cards against everyone.

So many things have been misused this season. Lilith would have been interesting if she were real and if she was the one leading the Sanguinists but it's mostly just Salome and Nora who are horrible figure heads and antagonists.

• Members

I'm enjoying it too, now that the side characters are back to being that, and we are focusing on the main characters.

I like that Bill is unpredicatble and from the looks of it, totally buying into this snake oil that Salome is pedling. Hopefully this is a start of something edgy for the rest of the show and not a fleeting storyline that will be wiped clean away by seasons end along with the authority which I think will be demolished. The audience who is devoted to their "favorites" need to wake up and realize that Alan Ball'

s shows are comprised of grey characters, not black and white. Bill is not good, he's a vampire, and all the vampires on this show have been shown to be selfish, blood sucking fiends, with a few being more in control of the fiend in them than others. This is not twilight and the sooner those who think it is quit watching out of disgust, the better.

And BTW now that Hoyt has gone to Alaska, I hope we get a super dirty, sex scene with Jessica and Jason.

Archived