HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not, definitely not a hero. Though I have to admit that I never thought of her as a villain, like I did Mary Ann for example. I guess because she had my sympathies from the beginning. It's not as if I necessarily side with the vamps on this! I actually see her as sort of their next victim. So perhaps the softer word of antagonist? lol After all, if we get really technical about it, it's the spirit in her who's the villain :P

I think they realize that Joe Manganiello is to be kept no matter how much material there is for him. You can't buy hunk like that, so... And they can always come up with storylines for him if they want to so much.

• Administrator

So not interested in the Shape-Shifting and Cougar storylines. I do like the creepy baby storyline though. I wish the show would be more about the Vampire politics and their history. Pam! :( Damn you, witch!

• Members

Im opposite. I really disliked that about last season. Way too political and the history stuff kinda confused me. Hated the rape stuff but now that Jason is free, I think the cougar story will get better, epecially if he starts turning into one

• Administrator

I guess I prefer the goth over the trailer-trash stuff. And now there's fairy demons? Geez. I loved King Russell and the Queen and all that stuff last season. I wish the show was strictly about vampires, and maybe a little werewolves involved.

• Members

I think we're leading up to that. Remember that weird, almost sci fi view of the Vampire Authority (or whatever) near the end of last year? And now Nan is a contract character. NONE of this stuff is in the books, but it does seem to be a focus more and more of the show, and I love it.

A little Marnie goes a long way, but I find her interesting--especially since it seems the actual Marnie isn't a bad person (like I suspected at first), it's all this witch who is chaneling her. And Fiona Shaw is *awesome*

Aww I love Alcide. I suspect he'll become more integral to the plot as the season goes on (while the each season is very loosely based on one of the books, I know he becomes an integral character), but right now I do sorta see your point.

I suspect not. Sorry to fans of the books, but they do start to read like bizarre romance fiction to me - Alan Ball is a much smarter writer (well, mostly--he has some WTF moments) than Harris. (With all due credit to Harris for coming up with this all in the first place).

• Members

And is mixed up in Jessica's orbit now he has her blood in his system.

I dunno, I actually like the balance of the gothic with the, well trailer trash stuff (though as Cheap says I'm glad the rape stuff is over, it started to just cross the line for me, and was seeming dragged out... I know Sookie has a lot on her plate, but she just got back, wouldn't she check on her bro?)

You don't think demon fairy queens are fairly gothic? :P

+1

• Members

What an amazing episode. Full of hilarious lines, nice development, lots of skin and a great cliffhanger. Of course, Pam was the highlight once more. I don't care if the prosthetics at times looked great, at times looked fake. She was brilliant, especially with the line about messing up her face. And the Eric/Sookie kiss was actually great (due to the great music, no doubt. Whoever did the music for this episode did a wonderful job). Very climactic. Which I realize may be the wrong word for this show.

• Administrator

Yeah, pretty good episode. No Panthers! Yay! Glad to see funny-Jason again - him thinking that he was gang-raped because God was punishing him for having so much sex. And then of course the Jason/Jessica fantasy-sex scenes (Deborah Ann Woll :wub:) with Hoyt making a special appearance. LMAO

Agreed! I was disappointed when they showed up. But I'm glad they're dead.

• Members

Ha yeah, I knew that was a dream and sorta thought Hoyt might end up riding him, lol, but it was still a great scene. I like that Jason is back to being funny, yet comes off smarter than he has in past seasons (for a while I was frustrated that he didn't seem to be growing any brains despite all his ordeals).

And yeah, I like Tommy and Sam's relationship (Sam is deadly dull in the books with NOTHING to do--and no bro), but I was happy they did this twist with him murdering them so quickly, etc.

Archived