HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it's an absolutely ridiculous complaint--those same viewers probably shoulda just tuned out back in Season one when we saw Jason's ass 5 times an episode...

Southofnowhere--Alcide should be sticking around--I haven't read the later novels, but he becomes a major character in them, I know.

I agree and disagree with the too many stories thing. I hate, as I've said, that we get stories (and Sam, a character I love, always seems to suffer this)that exist, as was said, "on an island". And I think there's always a concern when so many characters are in different locations (a rule most soap opera fans know)--I feel like they've hardly even explored as much of Bon Temps as they could. But I know *that* is a problem in the books too--the second book, like the series, was largely set in Dallas, the third in Mississippi as we're seeing. But I admit I do like the fact the show has so many stories going at once--as long as the pay off is worth it... But I do sometimes find it frustrating when, for example, I realize we're past the half hour point in the show and haven't seen a fave character like Lafayette or Jessica yet...

• Administrator

So much blood in this episode! LOL Tara smashing in Franklin's head was a :o moment.

For some reason, this season I've been entranced by Mariana Klaveno/Lorena. Whenever she's on, I can't take my eyes off her - she really has beautiful eyes.

I wish Jessica would have more screen time. I want more Jessica!

So not interested in Sam's family.

• Members

"I will rip out your Ribcage and wear it as a hat", Buffy to Whistler, Becoming Part 2 and Lorena to Sookie, lol. I think Alan Ball might have finally watched Buffy because so many things in that episode were shout outs. Jason wearing a highschool jacket that looked a lot like the Sunny Dale High ones. Pulling a jock out of a red convertible with a QB One license plate so reminded me of Cordy's red car with the Queen Bee plate.

This episode would have been absolute perfection if it wasn't for that Chrystal and Jason crap, I just can't get interested in it. Most of their casting is spot on but she's just blah. What does Jason see in her?

MK is a stunning force of nature in the role of Lorena. I can't believe that her torturing Bill made me feel more sorry for her than for him. I am going to miss her and all her delightful outfits if she's

AB should have back story drops of True Blood and one of them featuring Lorena. Why is she the way she is, Bill mentioned her maker so I would like to see him.

• Members

Ball blogged that that was a reference/hommage to Buffy. I *hate* the term--hated it then, hate it now. Partly cuz it's so icky--so point made, but also cuz... What kinda hat would a ribcage make? Come on--even for haute couture :P

I think I'm the only one in the world who likes the Sam plot--but I can agree it's been way too slow and obvious--and they need to mix him up with the other characters. From spoilers, it sounds like they may...

I think both Jessica and Lorena have been 80% brilliant cuz of the two actresses. Superb finds on the part of TB casting. I loved watching the Comicon clips where they asked Charlaine Harris what she prefered in the TV show (poor lady--it's hard to admit that EVERYTHING is superior in an adaptation of your work ;) ) and she said when she saw both of those roles were becoming permanent, she blanched. But in both, particularly with Jessica and having a vamp figuring out her ropes, she realizes she had really neglected elements in her books.

She said "I am NOT Ishtvan" right? I'd like to see a flashback too. We know she was an innocent gypsy...

• Members

I want every soap writer currently working to watch what Tara did in this episode. I love you Tara Mae Thornton! OTOH, my feelings for Sookie range from intense boredom to intense annoyance to intense hatred.

I wish they would tone down the gore a little bit. It's starting to get to me.

• Members

So what in the heck is Sookie? A Fairy or Mermaid????

Bill tries to suck Sookie dy and he thinks every is hunky-dory?

I hope that it with the dogfightinh/creepy parents.

LONG LIVE the Vampire King. He ROCKS so FREAKING hard.

Kewl to see the gay guy b the strongest character on the whole show. Can't see anyone taking him down. He's too freaking powerful!

Looks like the Wolf can't go back to hios old pack is part of the gang. Really want he and Tara to hookup!

Archived