HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that was an enjoyable episode. I love Jason. "Is Bigfoot real? Santa?" Hilarious. Then his, "its you and me. You marry Bill, then it is you, me, and Bill." Jason is sooo funny. His friendship with Andy, catching the drugdealer. All good stuff. Next we have Terry who was simply adorable reading that list to Arlene. Poor Jessica. She and Hoyt have got to get back together. I hope that Pam took the body.

Great to see Alfre Woodward. Jesus is a hottie. He was Santos on Ugly Betty. Lucky Lafayette. Tara is lucky to him in her life. James Frain looking sickly and dangerous. I can't wait to see more of his character next week.

I cracked up at Sookie imitating Bill. Eric was so yummy. There has to be better love interest for him than Sookie.

Cooter is a serious hottie. He has a great body. The actor was on Ugly Betty too. I hope that we get to see more of him.

• Members

I think Franklin was going through Bill's desk and found that hidden compartment in his secretary with the dossier on Soookie, proving Bill was lying to the King when he claimed his move to Bon Temps was only about mainstreaming. That's why they showed the shoes of the person walking through the house and then showed Franklin from the boots up.

My theory is that Franklin took care of the body thinking that it was Bill who left it lying around. When your boss has an agenda with regards to a vampire, and you are the investigator, you don't leave the trash lying around to stink up the joint and drawing the unwanted attention of humans and cops. I am grateful that we didn't have to see Jessica cutting him up with a chainsaw. Especially when she lives right next door to a cemetery and re-digging a recent grave and tossing a second body in would have been a logical option.

• Administrator

The comedic writing on this show is just brilliant.

Jason: There’s werewolves?

Sookie: Yes.

Jason: Holy shit....Bigfoot, is he real too?

Sookie: I don’t know. I guess it’s possible.

Jason: Santa?

Sookie: Jason, focus.

:lol:

Jason: Hey, I got one. I got one of your drug dealer.

Just the way RK said it was hilarious.

Terry: ....but I made a list.

Arlene: A list of what?

Terry: Ten reasons why you can trust me with your kids. Number one: I’m a nurturer. I found a baby armadillo by the side of the road and I nursed it. And now it sleeps under my bed. Its name is Felix. Number two: I have a diploma from anger management, where I learned talking about your feelings is a manly thing to do. Number three: I never killed nothing by accident.

:lol:

I also laughed at the blood menu: cruelty free blood, blood gelato. LOL

I really like the vampire politics/royalty/territory aspect. I want to see more of this.

Okay, so the werewolves can drink vampire blood to heal - I don't think I've seen that in other vampire universes before, so that was interesting to see.

• Members

Terrific episode even if it still felt like we're just getting exposition and set up (I guess that makes sense--but there were what, 6 new characters introduced? Or maybe it justfelt like it). And yeah some really classic dialogue. Also, loved how with barely a thought, as soon as Lorenna appeared Bill shot up and flung the lamp at her.

I do have to say I'm a bit mixed about how segmented the stories and characters are from one another (I thought Season 2's only real flaw was keeping the characters so far apart for so long) though I know both Ball and critics have said by episode 4 it all joins together.

• Members

I'm trying to stay spoiler free so this is just a theory, but I wonder if the King was going to stick to his word release Bill after offering his proposal, but Bill being impulsive and throwing that light at Lorena is going to give them justification for keeping him prisoner for a long time. I don't think trying to kill your maker is behavior the magistrate looks fondly upon.

• Members

Yay Joe Manganiello debuted... yum yum. :lol:

I'm really feeling this Franklin guy. Very interested to see what the hell he's up to.

And that ending was terrific! Bill banging Lorena in a craze, twisting her head like that :o And she's like "yeah, I still love you!" Awesome ending.

• Members

Bill twisting Lorena's head around made me sick and disgusted.

If vampires can glamour someone to let them in, what is the point of them needing an invitation?

Overall, I didn't find this episode very entertaining.

• Members

Yeah, I could've lived without seeing that.

It was nice seeing Sookie forget her obsession with Bill long enough to pay for Eggs funeral and be there for Tara.

That scene between Lafayette and Eric when Eric gave him the car was so wonderful. "Have a seat, sweetheart." *pats passenger seat*

• Members

Sylph you never liked the show :P Alan Ball somehow never managed to "deceive" you into enjoying it.

I thought it was a terrific episode--best so far this year. I especially loved the smaller moments like Jason actually talking to Tara (did they interact at all last year?) etc. Brilliant stuff.

Archived