HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

I've read a number of reviews that said the first three or so episodes this season are a bit too jammed with plot and introducing maybe too many new characters but by ep 4-5 it all clicks (at least for a bit--I believe the critics only got up to episode 6 to review, so who knows from there). It was great to have the show back, but I do get the problems some had with the episode (and yet JP, you loved it! ^_^ )

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Enjoying something is the same as rationalizing? I don't get your Knots Landing comment (though I never saw even a minute of Knots till after I'd seen all five years of SFU).

I did three years of theatre as a mojor when I was 19-21, then switched into my minor, English Lit. I've also been a volunteer counsellor at a walk in place here in Victoria after finishing an unrelated (to my schooling) training program when an old shrink of mine recommended me for it (they were trying to get more men in the program) at a place called CITIZENS here in town. I'm by no means a shrink. Any other questions? :P

• Members

No, i didnt.

I said it was better than anything in season two. Not that i loved it, i didnt. I liked it, thought it was decent, and a great improvement upon last season. I am interested in some stuff - Jason seems to finally be changing and growing, That Bill/Sam scene was hot and im interested to see where it goes - if it goes anywhere, ookiebill being apart makes both far more interesting, eric is just fascinating in his own right.

I could tell early on in season two Maryann was gonna eat that season alive, and she did.

• Members

Well it does strike me as weird, but it was the same for Season 2 I seem to remember (though maybe Ball wrote the fourth episode--but I know he didn't write the first couple). He didn't write the lead episodes of the later seasons of SFU either, so maybe it's just how he likes to work?

LOL sorry for jumping to conclusions. So what aspects in the episode did you *not* like?

• Members

LOL! True. I like those characters, but I don't think that the actors are necessarily strong. I'm just not a fan of this cast and find their acting mediocre as a whole. The show's writing also feels off and not Alan Ball. If he isn't writing them, he needs to pay better attention to those scripts. He didn't write every script on Six Feet Under, but writing didn't feel all over the place, then again this show had a very talented cast to help out the lesser material.

• Members

You disappoint me Eric. Usually you're so willing to embrace possibilities. I could see Snoop fitting in quite nicely. The only difference between him and Lafayette is sexual orientation. The right kind of role - not cameo because Snoop shouldn't be playing himself - could provide and nice bit of fun and add some (gin and) juice to the Thornton family.

• Members

Yeah, when you put it like that I guess you're right. I still wouldn't mind a quick scene where we see Snoop hand Laf some money, put a bottle in his pocket and drive away. Or perhaps hanging at Fangtasia ordering a drink and complimenting Pam on her new pumps.

Archived