HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't sure about Alcide, but I'm won over after this week's episode (he's a great physical contrast to Sookie too--his body must be wider than two of her!). My only really big gripe is that Tara has had it bad for so long, do we really need to see her tied up and placed on an open toilet, etc? :blink: Though I do like Franklin's fatal attraction to the extreme, infatuation with her. I also wouldn't have minded more of Jessica and especially the underused Lafayette, but it looks like we'll get a lot more of him this week, due to the preview and his potentially new dangerous love interest. :wub:

• Members

Me too

I really am eating my words I ragged this show for nearly two years "steadfastly refused" to watch it called it silly nonsense idiot TV...well here I am then cause I really do like it a lot.

I saw one eppy and was hooked then had to run around trying to watch almost two seasons and now I'm knocking myself out reading the novels I'm just at Dead as a Doornail.

I've never been into vampire lore no "paranormal" never read it (this is my first)

I started reading the novels because I wanted to find out why Sam is a dog...didn't know about shapeshifters or any of that...

(I did get into "Moonlighting" but it was only one season.)

I like everybody on this show.... still get a little queasy with the dripping blood but I'm getting used to it... :lol:

Lots of hotties on here but I still like Sam Merlotte and I enjoy Lafayette and Jason

I like every single character who I don't like its not because of the actor or acting...eg MaryAnn

Lorena...I actually laugh aloud watching this program

now if I see Jason's face I just start laughing before he says/or does anything...

Alcide is just fantastic Joe is bringing it big time

for me (not just because his body is a work of art) but his acting

and I can picture him as Alcide

love the way he says "Mississipp-a

I'm not into shipping or couples or anything, don't care if Sookie winds up with Eric/Bill/Alcide/Sam don't care just enjoying it. Alan Ball is a genius..

• Members

And just to state the obvious, SFK, it's miles better than The Gates.

Cybrologist, how do you find it compares to the books? When I got so into Season one I immediately read the first two books but, frankly, I found the show so much richer and more appealing, and didn't want the spoilers that the books gave to continue, so decided I'd read them maybe after the full series is done.

• Members

Voice in the wilderness here,but I think the show has gone downhill since Season 1.I found the second season with the Michelle Forbes thing to be pretty dull,but thought they'd get it together for this season.

Everybody is off in their own story and not interacting. Tara has become a victim,Sookie is increasingly annoying and now we have the whole werewolf stuff.There also seems to be a 'aren't we perverse' sort of vibe that is kinda 1970's (look- bare breasts!!)

• Members

Well we had a lot more bare breasts in Season 1 (which was the only year I found the sex to be gratuitous and actually stop the action), but I know some others who agree with you. I did feel last year it was a big mistake to have everyone in different stories in different locations, even if I thought it was a much stronger season than the first--but this year they seem to be handling it much better, with all the stories obviously starting to intersect in sometimes surprising ways. I agree about Tara though--and I know that's one complaint I can't blame on the books.

• Members

This season started out being my favorite but Sam and Jason's storylines are really dragging it down. Jason has gone from fun stupid to just stupid stupid. How did he graduate from high school, get a drivers license, become supervisor of the road crew if he can't take an exam? This character should be maturing after the life changing events of the last two years, not going backwards. Sam's family is just sick and perverted, there is nothing fun about them, and the spoilers sound like its just going to get worse. I'd prefer both storylines be cut in half or eliminated and a little more air time given to the more interesting storylines.

For me the saving grace of this last show was King Russel, Talbot and Franklin. They are all so eccentric and entertaining and completely overshadowed the leads. The beginning really bothered me because Eric should have been able to get to Lou Pines as he was already in Jackson. They really left a cliffhanger with no follow through, but that would have taken away from Bill's hero play later in the episode. Luckily next week looks more promising.

• Members

I'm still willing to give Sam's storyline a little more time but I don't like the fact that he's really on an island.

I am BEYOND done with Jason. I can't even describe how much he bores me. Please show, give Jason's airtime to Lafayette. The scenes between Lafayette and Jesus were just wonderful and I would enjoy some more Lafayette/Eric as well.

• Members

I have to agree re Jason--I liked earlier this year when we actually had him finally interact again with Sookie, but is he even aware she's gone? They've written him dumber and dumber, and into a hole I'm afraid--and amen about giving some of his time to Lafayette--for such a popular character, they really don't give him much screentime...

However, I like Sam's story (though it is true that, like much of last year, he's been written on an island--I miss his interactions with Tara and Sookie in particular).

• Members

Thank you, thank you, thank you True Blood for bringing my girl Tara back to me! Welcome back honey, now let's kick some ass!

Boy howdy did the show bring the pretty hoyay this week! Lafayette/Jesus and Eric/the King with just a little bit of nekkid Alcide thrown in at the end. And is it wrong that I enjoyed seeing Lorena bite Sookie? She's so annoying.

Kill Jason. He's useless.

• Members

Loved this week's episode--and while I know others are sick of the Sam/Dog Fighting story I don't mind it--I just wish they could integrate it in a little bit more (I wouldn't mind if his brother sticks around).

But yes. Get rid of Jason, or something. I'm glad they stopped with the forced comic relief he became earlier this season (where suddenly he was dumber than ever), and I admit the fact that he finally realized this week that he was no diff than that jock who annoys him so much cuz he seems to be taking over his place in the city was kinda interesting but... His story has no connection to ANYONE else anymore, and this Crystal stuff is going WAY too slowly now that we've spent two earlier seasons discovering about Shifters--any viewer with any smarts knows by nowshe isone so just do the reveal already.

Otherwise loved the Tara stuff, (and that her story and others are starting to intertwine with other stories), loved all the Eric flirting, even really kinda enjoyed Sophie Anne this time around, of course loved the Jesus/Lafayette stuff (it's funny on various comment sections for blogs on the show, like ew.com's, there's been quite a bit of complaining that suddenly the show has become "too gay"--never mind that we *still* haven't even gotten a gay male love scene--and really I always thought it was kinda gay :P ).

Archived