HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was that Stacy Haiduk going full monty on a bucket of chicken in Papa Herveaux's hotel room? Wow. Girlfriend has a great body.

Danger whore is the perfect term for Sookie.

I need more Lafayette. There's never enough Lafayette for me. He needs his own spinoff.

• Members

Finally caught up.

Surely James the "not a rapist" vamp will be seen again--otherwise why cast Luke Grimes (not that he's a huge name, but...) He was the "maybe another bastard son" for a few episodes of Brothers and Sisters before they dropped that story during one of their myriad of headwriter changes. (Besides Eastenders, the only thing I know Robert Kazinsky from is Brothers and Sisters, as well.)

Watching the 5 min "Inside the episode" thing on hbo.com I realized the episode was directed by Howard Deutch--not sure if he's directed it before, who directed my two fave John Hughes scripted films, Pretty in Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful (as well as not faves of mine like The Great Outdoors, Grumpier Old Men and Odd COuple II.) I thought he actually did a particularly good job.

• Members

Thank god they redeemed Alcede last night. I've never been a huge fan of his, but the jackass version of him wasn't working for me.

I miss when Bill got along with Sookie :-/.

Of course [!@#$%^&*] Steve ruined EVERYTHING. His character is way past his expiration date.

• Members

I agree, Alcide being all mean and packmastery was a mess. Pair that with the horrific look that Manganiello has this season and I lost a lot of affection for him. Hopefully some shirtless scenes along with him being nice again will fix that. laugh.png

On the other hand, I had the werewolf bitch so much I was glad to see her f.ucked up.

Glad to see Sookie involved more in things. I have come to realize that her marginalization and the fact that she was barely in any story but her own really hurts the show. She's the glue that pulls everything together.

Loving all the twists and turns with everyone and they're starting to mix things up.

That Sarah/True Blood woman scene! ohmy.png She kicked her in the vagina! et al

• Members

Has there been any talk from Andy about sending Adelaide to Sookie to help train her? After his other 3 daughters were murdered, you'd think that it would be a good idea for the 1 living girl to learn more about what it is to be a fairy and how to use those powers to defend herself, especially since vamps are always going to target her.

tumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo9_250.giftumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo10_250.gif

tumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo5_250.giftumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo8_250.gif

tumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo6_250.giftumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo7_250.gif

Im gonna need Sarah to get her comeuppance. That fight though was lovely

• Members

Great climax! A bit easy, but still great. Probably one of the best episodes of the series. Mixed action, drama and comedy very well, reminiscent of the season 1 and 2 glory days. Nice to see more of the lovely secondary characters and get that some of that small gossipy town feeling back.

The penis moment! Wow. And they showed it too. At least they were generous, lol

I was prepared to hate the flashbacks but they turned out really well. And Sookie's line about Terry loving Arlene from the very beginning had me crying. I didn't think TRUE BLOOD would get me to do that ever again. And the song from Big John was great too.

And sooo many hilarious moments. Jason was amazing. The screaming friend of Eric's is amazing. Steve's "I love you, Jason Stackhouse" was amazing (the actor's idea!). Arlene's "that was the [!@#$%^&*]."

Lafayette's attire was amazing at the funeral. And it seems that Alcide/Sookie are finally happening for real.

Glad to see Jason didn't kill Sarah. I think she can create more trouble. Although I'm not sure where they'll go now that they've wrapped up the main storyline but we shall see. I can't say I care for Billith but that's the only thing they haven't resolved.

A bit of a disappointing cliffhanger, though.

• Members

That was a great season finale!

I was so shocked when Ben turned on Sookie so suddenly. It made for some fun drama although I really liked the chemistry between them... It would have been nice if he could stick around. But it seems I was right that the time for Alcide/Sookie has come! :D

When Alcide finally cut off that horrible mop (seriously, it made him unattractive to me) and started being all protective and sexy. ... yeees!

Eric penis!

I'm starting to actually really like Violet.

The resolution to Billith, Warlowe and the season in general felt kinda quick but worked nevertheless. The idea to jump ahead six months brought to many exciting changes to the show. It feels kinda weird the diner won't be called "Merlotte's" anymore. Sookie/Alcide are sexy. The idea to pair off vampires and humans for protection was great, as well as Tara reuniting with her mom. And the ending scene was exciting... vampires vs vampires. Oh, this is going to be fun!

• Members

I loved the season but overall was dissapointed with the season. Hated how they handled Warlow as I preferred the twist in that he wasnt evil. I would have been satisfied if he survived and he and Sookie went into the next season as a couple. For being the oldest vamp on the show, he sure went down relatively easy. Lame

HATE Alcide and Sookie together. I wish they'd just kill him off already.

The second half felt so out of place. To me, this should have been episode 1 of season 7. They should have stayed in present day and not done that time jump

Surprised to see Jessica just roaming about. Andy's the sheriff. Cant she be arrested for what she did to his daughters? I know she's a vamp and all but nothing has happened to her

• Members

Great interview with showrunner Brian Buckner. I have to admit (even though some will bitch about some of the stuff he says, predictably) I can see every single point he makes on screen and I can see why he made those decisions. Loved his comments about trying to just be patient and wait for next season, as well as not needing to make everything plot-driven. And how great is it that they're not afraid to talk about their gay male viewers?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/20/true-blood-season-6-finale/

They will NEVER kill Alcide. Like Buckner says (not that it needed to be confirmed) he's too much of a draw for female and gay male viewers. Fans love him and they wouldn't throw eye candy like that away.

I disagree. I thought that the time jump reinvigorated things tremendously. Not only did it allow for the big story arcs to climax and be done with, but it shuffled things around and showed us clearly (some of) what the future beholds. I guess it's supposed to feel out of place. We're playing catch-up. I am 10x more interested for next season now because it wasn't just a random cliffhanger they did--they shook the whole world up. And they seem resolved to end one of the show's biggest problems: The fact that they have all this separated storylines that don't affect one another. Seems like they're done with that. Now I just can't wait for June.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived