HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

I stopped watching after they killed Tara. This season sounds like a major [!@#$%^&*] show. Luckily I had realized all this last season but my Pam/Tara loving heart refused to give up. Oh well. Hopefully Sookie and her fairy vagina get what's coming to her.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pam/Tara were the only good thing about season 5. Season 6 spent too much time isolating a lot of the characters from each other. And season 7 it seems is just taking them all out one by one. Damn I had such high hopes for this show back when it started. And I loved season 3! Especially Franklin! wub.png

• Members
What was so good about 6? It was a hot mess. I can barely remember what went on there.

I guess different strokes for different folks. S4 was the last time I thought it was decent. I recently read that that was the last season that followed the books which made sense bc its been crap in the subsequent years when they were more original

IMO, the ranking would be

Its gotten progressively worse every year with the exception of 3 and 4

my issue was that they already did this with Warlowe so why repeat it? Unlike now, it actually made sense in context with Jason/Warlow's story and it was tastefully done. It felt out of place and screamed of WTF here. Unless its leading into something bigger with Jason and Eric, it didn't seem to serve any purpose other than fan service.

• Members

I assume they must have done that because of the complaints over some past dreams that are there just to bait gay male viewers/fans who want to see hot guys make out, only for the shot to end before it goes beyond wink wink (like that Sam/Bill dream years ago).

• Members

I thought season 6 was good in that aside from the Bilith sequences the show was more concentrated on familal dynamics and seemed to delve into more character development. I felt there was a significant progression in the way Jason, Jessica, Eric, Pam and others were written. I also liked the re-exploration of Sookie and Jason's past, in addition to Warlow's initial appearance which revitalized the season for me. But other than that I agree that there is little to remember of seasons six outside of Bilith, Vamp Camp and Warlow. But I definitely feel that seasons 6 was better than seasons 4 and 5. Which were basically Russell Edgington kills everyone part II and Skeevy Witches unite against Vampires. The best seasons were seasons 2 and 3.

2 > 3 > 1 > 6 > 4/5

• Members

Episode 4 is definitely the best episode of the season so far and by a country mile.

Alcide's father finding out about his death was a nice touch and Sookie seemed affected but shockingly didn't make it totally about her.

The scene with Arlene making peace with Terry's death and choosing to live on for her kids totally had me. Carrie Preston is such a wonderful actress.

Eric & Sookie saying goodbye almost had be bawling like a baby and I've never really shipped them. I loved how nonchalantly he mentioned that he caused an avalanche in Sweden that took out a whole ski resort.

Willa hating Eric for abandoning her makes perfect sense. She should hate him. It was truly horrible of him (and completely out of character but whatever).

Bill & Eric's uneasy reunion after everything that happened between them in seasons 5 & 6 was great. "Pam tells me you wrote a book in which you claim not to be an ass**** anymore. Is this true, Bill?" HA! Oh, I'm gonna miss your snarky little ass, Eric Northman.

Poor Ginger, she never stood a chance. Eric's charm was too much for her even when he was rockin' Beverly Hills 90210 hair and clothes (at this point I think they're putting him in increasingly hideous wigs to make fun of the godawful one they put on him in season 1). Fangtasia was all Ginger's idea and Pam glamored it out of her and scrambled her brain. As Eric so deliciously proclaimed she is such a bitch, but a glorious one when she's on her game.

No surprise Bill's plan was stupid and without the Underground Railroad tunnel plot point that the show pulled out of the magister's ass in a flashback at the beginning of the episode, that Eric later told Bill about, they'd all be dead.

Archived