HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

Yeah. I'm not a big Nathan fan so it's too bad Grimes left for those reasons (it's implied--he also has been shooting a major movie.) A good number of viewers don't even seem to realize the recast is the same character anyway (I'm reminded of Game of Thrones' recent recast.)

And guys come on. Tara, for good or bad, will be back. I'll keep watching but... I was pretty disappointed, to be honest. Sookie is still walking around at night alone and even tosses her phone? Everything still feels so disconnected. I mean I still have a lot of affection for the show which should carry me through these ten episodes but... Mostly, I found it kinda just boring.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's his choice and I respect that. So long as he didn't say anything offensive and doesn't have gay people I have no problem with it. As an actor he should be able to overcome that but at the same time there are many careers where people are faced with options that make them uncomfortable and they want to walk away.

• Members

Both episodes have sucked IMO although episode 2 was much better than the premiere. I loved the Eric/Jason scene, which was so ridiculous and hot at the same time that it was like it existed in it's own universe of awesome, isolated from the crap that is the rest of the show now. Other than that, the only things I've liked so far is Jessica's devotion to Adilyn and Jason playing CSI in that eerie deserted town. Otherwise, meh.

Carrie Preston is great, far better than the material, and Adina Porter is excellent but I just don't care about Lettie May. I cared about Tara. As for the James recast, I never would've realized that Parsons was a James recast if I hadn't read about it beforehand. His version and Grimes' look and behave absolutely nothing alike.

Man, would I enjoy watching Beeeeeeeeeeeel and Sookuh die. The thought of those narcissistic asses outliving Tara and Eric pisses me off.

• Members

ICAM! This show is sinking fast. I think the pacing is way too slow with only one day having passed since the premiere and not much actually going on.

Also, Sookie seems dumber than I remembered between throwing her phone last week and wasting time this week reading that diary out loud instead of searching for the family.

Tara was one of my favorite characters and I thought this season would refocus the story more around the original characters. I never could stand Lettie Mae and have zero interest in watching her go through another addiction.

I keep forgetting who James is and don't recall seeing him in this latest episode, but I'm slightly intrigued if Jessica's boyfriend hooks up with Lafayette.

At least we had a real cliffhanger with Pam finding Eric. Sadly, that's the only story I'm looking forward to next week!

• Members
tumblr_n7yp04mTmr1qevo2jo5_250.giftumblr_n7yp04mTmr1qevo2jo6_250.gif
tumblr_n7yp04mTmr1qevo2jo8_250.giftumblr_n7yp04mTmr1qevo2jo9_250.gif
tumblr_n7yp04mTmr1qevo2jo7_250.giftumblr_n7yp04mTmr1qevo2jo10_250.gif
Damn that was some gay sh-t, wasnt it? This show can be homoerotica at times but this stuff shocked me. Like WTF. Why is Jason lusting after him like that. This seemed so random, like the writers had to get this in there before the show ended

• Members

Given how this show teased their leading men doing this (wasn't there some wet dream with Sam Trammell's character and Bill that cut off immediately before they kissed or touched), perhaps someone decided people who were baited that way for all those years deserved a cheesy little scene like this (and most of it seemed to be played as comedy, until the very end).

• Members

I think they knew that killing Alcide (like Tara) just doesn't matter anymore. This is the last season, so it's not like the ratings matter. God, I remember the high hopes I had for this show in season 1 and they all went straight to hell.

• Members

Its the last season so its a moot point now. Anyways, this should have happened ages ago as he's been a useless character for quite some time. Sookie's plan was overall stupid so I hope she feels incredibly guilty for what happened to him.

The episode was a definite improvement over the others and primarily bc of the material with Eric and Pam.

Hope people have given up the notion that Tara is alive considering she mentioned feeling her true death.

Thank god the bigoted b-tch was finally killed off. One of the best moment from last night

• Members

That should be the slogan for this show.

True Blood: Nothing Matters Anymore

I didn't even watch last week's episode after that lovely cold open so I didn't understand much of what happened in this ep. The only reason I watched this one was because I wanted to see how they killed Alcide. I may keep watching just for Lafayette. AFAIC, he is and always has been the best character on this show. He and James are adorable and I'm looking forward to Lala vs. Jessica.

I can't even keep track of all the skinny, darkhaired, nekkid, white women on this show: Violet, Willa, Adalyn, and now Sylvie. The casting director clearly has a type and I wish he'd get over it.

• Members

This seasons feels so very hollow. Almost as if they are checking off boxes or something. I was previously pissed off that Warlow was killed in the previousy season but now I understand why. Basically they really just want to wrap everything up. Sookie will get her final goodbye with Eric and Bill and that will probably be it. I'm not really excited about anything going on right now. It's crazy how different this season feels from the last. Like a completely different show.

This seasons feels so very hollow. Almost as if they are checking off boxes or something. I was previously pissed off that Warlow was killed in the previousy season but now I understand why. Basically they really just want to wrap everything up. Sookie will get her final goodbye with Eric and Bill and that will probably be it. I'm not really excited about anything going on right now. It's crazy how different this season feels from the last. Like a completely different show.

• Members

Thanks for the GIFs Cheap, they're gorgeous. It wasn't totally random. When Eric healed Jason in episode 9 of last season he told him that he would dream about him and asked him to "dream nice things".

EHJ.gif

I guess Jason was just keeping up his end of the bargain. wink.png Weird that the blood was still working after six months though.

It was clearly fan service but I'm cool with that. Honestly, they screwed up the narrative so badly, they might as well have just decided to make the entire season fan service. Give every conceivable fan base at least one scene to make them happy. Just display them as possibilities like the two fake endings of 'Clue'. Wanna see Sookie end up with Eric? We've got you covered. Rather see her with Bill? This is how it might happen. Alcide instead? Okay, here. Hoyt comes back and has a polyamous relationship with Jessica and Jason? Cool, we can do that. Have you been waiting since season 2 for an Eric/Pam/Lafayette three-way? Here ya go. A Tara & Pam romance more your style? No problem. There are so many possibilities.

As it stands, I'm starting to suspect that Alan Ball made a bet with Michael C. Hall on the set of Six Feet Under and lost and for whatever reason couldn't pay it off. When TB got cancelled last summer, MCH called and told AB that they'd be square if only TB could produce a final season/finale even worse than Dexter's. Either that or the few remaining characters in the final episode get axed by LumberjackDexter. Actually I might enjoy that last one. Imagine DouchebagBill on Dexter's kill table trying desperately to explain and justify all the crap he's done and Dexter not falling for it and just staking his worthless ass.

Yeah, Eric healed him last season. Impressive that Jason's still having dreams six months later.

Alcide and the rest of the werewolves were really only relevant when they were in Russell's service or rebelling against him. After that, none of it mattered. What bothers me is precisely that Sookie will feel guility. She should, of course, but I just can't take anymore of her self-obsessed whining. Tara's dead and it's all about her feelings. Alcide's dead and it's all about her feelings. No thanks.

I'm torn on the Eric/Pam material. On the one hand, their relationship is still the best thing this show has to offer story wise and I can go along with pretty much anything that gets ASkars naked (especially now that he's in even better shape for Tarzan). On the other hand, writing in some dead great love for Eric at this late stage is such a cheap, lazy, and totally unnecessary trick. Like Nora only even more pointless, although thankfully shorter-lived. I feel the same about the Japanese Men In Black. A cheap, lazy, and unnecessary way to create tension. Eric's feelings against the authority and Nan made perfect sense already, we didn't need them to commit some great crime against him for him to hate them and what they stood for. In fact, I thought his ambivalence from the early seasons was far more in character than the notion that he had some huge vendetta against them and did nothing about it. That's completely out-of-character. Revenge is a huge part of Eric Northman's honor code. It's similar to the revelation from season 5 that Bill had killed Pam's girls at her brothel. The first three seasons Pam treated Bill like an annoying little gnat who was of absolutely no consequence and it was glorious. Knowing that he'd killed her employees/friends, which played a huge part in the despondency that drove her to slit her wrists to force Eric's hand in turning her, made all those scenes ridiculous. Pam does not forgive and forget, she should've violently attacked Bill the minute he set foot in Fangtasia in season 1. So that was a major fail of a retro-write. If they wanted to add to Eric's misery they should've borrowed from the book the fact that he had a wife and six children that he loved and was desperate to get home to when he was killed and as a vampire he wasn't allowed any contact with them. Stewing on grief over losing his family for a thousand years would've been far more powerful than the loss of some random hot French chick in the '80's.

The flashbacks were cool though, especially Pam's 'Dynasty' hair.

Sadly, Tara is definitely dead.

That was fun and long overdue.

Archived