Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

Tyne Daly, wonderful actress, but I could never imagine her on an Aaron Spelling show (with the possible exception of Family). I thought she was already committed to Cagney & Lacey by then, but maybe not. I think the original 1981 movie she had done with Loretta Swit was still considered a backdoor pilot - and when it finally went to series they had to replace Miss Swit because she was still under contract to M*A*S*H.

Still, very interesting.

Thanks for posting those photos of George Peppard with Linda Evans, but I still cannot see him as Blake Carrington at all. He was great at playing blue-collar crimefighters like Banacek and Hannibal from The A-Team, but I don't think he could have done justice to the role of Blake. He just didn't have the debonair charm and sophisticated elegance that John Forsythe had. Plus, NO ONE ELSE could have ever done justice to Charlie Townsend. "Good morning, Angels!!"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Aaaaah the 80's, such a glamorous time period. Great promos. Seeing Stephen Collins in that Gold Monkey promo was creepy. My Mom got some of that Forever Krystal perfume one year. I thought it smelled kind of strange with a strong alcohol odor.

I always thought Doug Barr from Fall Guy should have been on a prime time soap. After FG he joined the cast of Designing Women as Charlene's husband Bill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently bought season 5 on DVD. Is it just me or was Billy Campbell hilariously bad as Luke Fuller ? He talks through his nose and is just really awkward. You can tell Jack Coleman is so uncomfortable playing Steven.

Season 5 is when the show really fell apart.

• Members

DaytimeFan would probably be able to speak more accurately on this but I don't think he looks bad at all. The man is almost 60 years old and he's always had a round, full face which, with age, has become more prominent. Other than the redness, which might be perfectly normal, I think he still looks pretty darn hot.