Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember someone posting on another board that Sony didn't want to spend the money digitizing the 35mm master tapes of Farmers Daughter and the went looking for the 30 year old 16mm tape transfers that CBN used and couldn't find them and told Antenna TV tough luck.

FD is now going to be on of those shows that will probably never see the light of day again. Older shows are neglected and the companies don't want to spend money releasing them.

• Members

Yes, Antenna TV still airs Bachelor Father, a show I've grown to love. That Sammee Tong is hilarious. Weird I guess, but JF looks very average to me on BF, he looks a lot more "dashing" with the grey hair as Blake.

Geesh, can you imagine what George Peppard would have thought of Joan Collins!? He would have [!@#$%^&*] a purple turd watching her meteoric rise and dealing with her diva ways.

• Members

LOL....George Peppard was a horrible person and didn't get along with anybody. He got Melinda Culea kicked off A-Team and told her it was a mans show. I also read he didn't like that Christine Belford was cast on his old series Banacek and thought it was strictly a mans show. He ended that series because he didn't want his ex-wife Elizabeth Ashley to get any profits from it because of their divorce. He was kicked off Password Plus in 1979 after he started fighting with the judges over the game and went on a rant.

John James said when he introduced himself to Peppard, he blew cigar smoke in his face and walked off.

• Members

I have heard from ONE person who had an enjoyable working experience with George Peppard - Maylo McCaslin (Sally Taylor, SB, 1984-85). She said on FB that she loved working with him on The A-Team and that while all the cast was great to her, Mr. Peppard was her favorite and took her under his wing.

It was no secret that he had a major problem with alcohol - but when interviewed by ET towards the end of his life, he was honest about it. He seemed to have mellowed a bit by then, having married his last wife. She wasn't in show business - I believe she was a realtor or a broker.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

LOL at John James and Nolan. I love Nolan's archive interview, he could be a catty bitch and I imagine an absolute joy to hang out with, he probably had the best stories. R.I.P., how could you ever do a Dynasty reboot without him? Bob Mackie, I suppose.

I've seen that infamous Peppard rant on Password. Poor Alan Ludden looked like he wanted to crawl out of his skin and wring Peppard's neck at the same time.

• Members

I don't know if there was trouble with him and Audrey Hepburn. In the same ET interview I mentioned, which took place in 1993 (he passed in 1994) not long after she had passed away, the ET reporter asked him for comment. He said he couldn't talk about it because it upset him so much. He had tears in his eyes while he said that.