Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's one of the reasons why I loved the glamorous Linda Gottlieb era of OLTL, Viki, Dorian, Alex, Tina, Blair and Renee in their furs provided by Christie Brothers.

Like KateW, I also remember reading that JEH was thisclose to being Dex before his death. I can hardly believe he was so young, he had the presence of a man at least ten years older.

• Members

That he did - and all of it gone because he made a stupid, stupid error in judgment. In interviews she's done in the years since, his co-star Jennifer O'Neill still is very emotional about that day. I'm sure it can't be easy for her right now as it happened 30 years ago next week.

Do you think he would have made a good Dex? Somehow I can't picture him in that role, maybe because Michael Nader is so identified in it. But JEH looked like he was made for a Spelling show...it's a shame that things turned out the way they did.

• Members

I don't know their age difference, if any, but I can hardly picture JEH as Dex. I think MN was perfectly cast. JEH would have been a great Miles, as others have said, or I could see him in the Ted McGinley role or as one of Steven's lovers, but especially as a love interest for Sammy-Jo. He'd be time enough for her, sensitive yet strong.

• Members

I agree that Steven was annoying after JC assumed the role. As has been said before, Jon Erik Hexum was made for a Spelling show.

I wonder how Jon Erik would have transistioned into the 90's as an actor ? He has such a classic clean cut preppy 80's look that would have seen backlash in the grungy 90's.

• Members

Joan was 24 years older than JEH.

Michael Nader was 12 years older than JEH. MN pops in a lot of the old 60's beach movies and had a recurring role on Gidget with Sally Field.

I have been watching S3 on DVD. Joseph always gave me the creeps. He looks like a back from the dead corpse lurking around and also looks like he's about to burst out laughing in a lot of scenes. I guess it would be hard to keep a straight face for some of those plot lines. I watched the episode yesterday where Claudia is giving her farewell to everyone in the Carrington mansion and puts on her mink stole carrying the stuffed dog down the stairs. I was howling with laughter at how campy.

• Members

We get used to certain actors in certain roles. I use to watch John on reruns of his 60's tv series Bachelor Father. A lot of people think of Linda as Audra Barkley of Big Valley.

Back in the 80's there was a network called CBN (before it was renamed Family Channel) and they would show both of those shows. They also use to show a lot of other retro shows like Hazel and The Farmers Daughter (when was the last time you saw that show in reruns ?)