Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree. His interviews are hilarious to watch. When he tells dirt, it's like he doesn't do it intentionally, it just casually comes out of his mouth.

I noticed Brock Broughton the set designer on Dynasty also designed the sets on Y&R in the 70's. His name is in the credits on the old episodes on posted in the Y&R thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Haha! I've read some of Legends![ It's funny in a dated bitchy camp sort of way, kind of like an average episode of Filthy Rich. I'm not surprised that it didn't make it to Broadway.

They're gone now, but an awesome YouTuber whose name I won't call had made these great series edits of various characters and storylines. For instance, The Dominique Deveraux Show and The Sable Colby Show, all of those characters' scenes edited together and divided into episodes. It was interesting to see how Nolan Miller created a particular look for each character and how he'd later recycle an idea for another character. In Legends!, he dressed Linda in an updated ensemble he did for Diahann on Dynasty, and another one he did for Sally Field in Soapdish.

• Members

Oh, you should have heard the jokes Jay Leno made when Joan Collins married her latest and much younger husband (in late 2001, I believe). They met when he delivered her meals on wheels, the ring bearer was Bob Hope (who was still alive then), etc.

But hey, the jokes are on all the detractors because aren't they still together?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just ordered season 4. I hate the way they split them into 2 volumes just to price gouge customers.

Thanks for the rare photo of Linda with George. I wonder what kind of backstage drama stories we would be getting if he had remained as Blake ? He and Joan would have probably killed each other......LOL

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

Thanks for posting the article. I remember reading a recent interview with Campbell and he said that the reason he didn't stay on Dynasty beyond 1 season was the fear of being typecast. He said he was up for the Riker role on Star Trek that went to Jonathan Frakes and said he knew if he had gotten that role, he would be typecast for that.

• Members

Joan worked with George Peppard in a 1970 movie called The Executioner and Peppard propositioned her to sleep with him, despite the fact that he was married with children (so was she!). After she turned him down he didn't speak to her for the rest of the shoot. She didn't have a complimentary word to say about him.