Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never liked Gina Gallego in the role, if I am being honest. If anything, Margaret Michaels had the most to gain from being Santana, and she was cut far too soon. Lazar held the most with that role, and really proved what Santana's truest of character development was supposed to be.

• Members

Well, in fairness, a lot of people dressed like couches in the 80's. 

I'm finally at Sophia's trial. She's been gone far too long. 

I am enjoying Mason and Mary. But she's on my nerves, trusting Gina. 

Augusta is her own worst enemy. Woman, be the confident you that you pretend you are. Be the woman without a dowdy outfit in her wardrobe.

I'll give it to Lionel, an onscreen affair with Sophia didn't happen because he didn't try. 

• Members

I think I could have shipped Warren and Janice, they might have been fun. I liked her friendship with Mason a lot. And think she could have been a match for Warren. A see through him and the gambling, calling him out on it and go from there type of romance. And that could have given Augusta some fun quips. "Oh yeah, you're dating the chauffeur. Warren set your sights a little higher."

• Members

Speaking of Kirk, does anyone know what the story is behind the show recasting with Robert Newman just to play out the last 28 episodes of Kirk's original storyline? I assume that something happened with Joseph Bottoms since it seems strange to recast so close to the end and since Bottoms returns to the role later.

• Members

I know Gina's family was messed up and retconned over the years, but who were Hayley Benson's parents and how was she supposed to be related to Summer?  Suddenly there was Summer, Mack, and some other kid that Phyllis didn't raise well?  The French SB site notes that Stan Benson was Gina's half brother.

I think the other missed opportunity was not introducing more of Stockman Demott's family.  He could have been married before Gina and she could have had lots of stepkids who didn't like her.