Y&R: Week of February 25

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was another good eppy.

I really hated the way Victoria talked to Vic/Adam. I mean she basically dismissed him as if he was anything less than her brother. Yeah she hasn't seen him since he was a child but she still shouldn't have treated him like she did today. She's pissed that Victor fired Nick and has hired Vic/Adam but that's not his fault. Vicki has always had problems when it's come to her father's afection and attention and if she feels someone else is gonna get more of it than her, she's automatically doesn't like that person. It really looks like Victoria is gonna have more problems with Vic/Adam than Nick.

Sharon, Sharon, Sharon! That woman is never satisfied. Jack told her that she could ruin, I mean run the Abbott Foundation and now she's bored with that and wants to work on the magazine. She needs to pick ONE thing to do and stick with it.

• Members

It's interesting, Victoria is *SUPPOSE* to be the spitting image of her father's personality, but we all know she's one big pod these days. However, they're building Adam (Vic Jr.) up as a younger Victor, it should be interesting to see how Victoria and Adam interact in the long-run.

And you're so right MTS, Jack F. Smith and LML butchered Victoria....

• Members

I enjoyed todays episode, it had more of a classic feel to it today. Also loving Victor/Adam scenes. Also, is it just me, I think they turned JT's loft into the warehouse, looked like it to me. If true, glad to see the "loft" set go. I'm not liking sharon/phyliss being "buds" tho, seems a little quick.

• Members

Good episode today, but Victoria is such a shell of her former self that it's painful to watch it. And the pace NEEDS to slow down! All those characters coming in and out of rooms five million times an episode, conversations lasting 30 seconds! It's all too LML. Although it's kind of slower.

I don't get why the CBS soaps seem to have this tendency to move things so quickly to be honest. Look at B&B: One of its most harmful aspects is the ultra quick pace, and it's only half an hour! This pace, one hour, 5 times a week is really, really hurting the shows.

• Members

Yes the pace DOES need to be slowed down some more. It's an improvement on LML's bullsh*t but it's still not classic Y&R.

Sharon...it seems that every writer since Jack Smith has had a hard on for Sharon. Sharon walks on water, Sharon is loved by all, Sharon is a dynamo and a sweetheart, Sharon might as well be the almighty at this point. I'd like her to get knocked down a few pegs.

Here's the thing with the 'new' warehouse and Y&R's 'cheap ass set designers'...it is because Y&R recycles sets that the show is totally cash positive, unlike the other Sony soap, DAYS, which spends money like water and is *surprise* swimming in debt. Y&R does a lot with it's budget of $1.25 million a week. GH and DAYS both have the same scale budgets and they don't look nearly as good.

I'm loving Gloria and Jeff. I could actually buy those two falling for each other. It'd be fun.

Victoria is being written, no shock, like a husk of her former self. I'm sorry but I think some of this is Heinle's fault. She just seems like she's ready to yawn with one of her big smiles in every scene she's in. Although the writing for the character is really bad I think Heather Tom, somehow, would make it work. I hope Chris Engen sticks around Y&R in the long term, he's absolutely fantastic.

Jana is also growing on me. I've nearly forgotten the fact that she's a little murderess. As a matchmaker she's a delight.

And Amber is becoming increasingly tolerable, even in scenes without Jeanne Cooper who forces Adrienne Frantz to play her A game. "Why don't you ask Heather...She's refreshing!"....loved that.

One gripe: WHERE THE HELL IS JILL!

• Members

I agree with your whole post, but especially these two points. Griffith and Bell have been writing terrifically for those two and I'd LOVE it if they ended up falling in love and being partners in crime lol

It would be great fun and it would save Gloria from loosing a 3rd husband in what? Two years?

Yes, yes, yes, WHERE THE [!@#$%^&*] HELL IS JILL??? WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE A STORYLINE???

• Members

Count me in on the Jill search party! Jess Walton is my favorite actress -- I have loved her since Capitol. She should be driving story, not random filler.

ITA with the compliments going Ted Shakleford's way. I have never seen TS act so joyously manipulative and I am loving it. This from somebody who hated Will because I felt Jerry Douglas had been elbowed out to make room for TS. I love that Gloria is completely unable to get one over Jeffrey.

SHARON CUT YOUR HAIR AT CHIN LENGTH! That two-level weave is driving me nuts. SO distracting!

You know, the sets may not be up to standard, but the lighting and decoration on Y&R is still years ahead of GH, ABC in general and the P&G soaps (Days being an exception due to Ed Scott's magic touch).

Victoria vs. Adam. I am intrigued with their relationship. Her cold, hard responses to his questions signify that she views him as a threat. And I liked the chemistry between both actors. Amelia Heinle was actually a dynamic presence today.

I love Michelle Stafford but sometimes it feels like she is going through the motions with the Phyllis snarky shtick. Today was one of those days.

• Members

AH could be wonderful in the role shes in, given the story.

Shes not amazing, but she can hold her own and she can go there and rise her game when it comes need to, most of the time. I would love to see Victoria freakout being a wife and mom and turn her back on it and focus on her buisness and going toe to toe with Victor Jr. leaving JT as pretty much a single father.

• Members

In my avatar. LOL

As you mentioned the pacing: The scene hopping is exhausting but the conversations and scenes are still remarkably longer than under LML. My main gripe is the pacing of the stories not so much the episodes. The whole poisoning thing with Glo & Kev which was really exciting - I LOVE EvilJeff - was done in two weeks - WTF!?

By that standards, Adam is married to Phyllis by May sweeps and subject of a murder mystery come June when his true identy is revealed... ;)

Archived