Y&R: Week of February 25

• Members

Michelle Stafford has said that she was told that Nick was always planned to be Summer's father. I think it was sloppy writing. Joshua Morrow needed to go on vacation so the writers just wrote him as going away to "think about things". I am pretty sure they had no idea that their easy out for JM would cause so much chatter.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, that's incredible. Thanks for explaining that. It would be one of those "go back into history and change the lives of every character" things that would actually make sense, though. Like when Victor found out Abby was his daughter after like 2 years. And unlike the Jill/K, real mother/daughter, "Phillip wasn't your real son" ish.

Lynn

• Members

Sabrina was not what I expected. So far, I'm having a hard time seeing her and Victoria as friends.

Gloria/Jeff was by turns both sinister and sexy. I'm not a big fan of Jeff essentially blackmailing Gloria to have sex. But it was funny seeing Gloria fob him off. She obviously knows she's in a position of power when she's withholding the sexy-time.

• Members

You're not alone. I really loved when it happened when Victor found out. Or the whole Todd/Marcy/Tommy thing: I thought that was great on OLTL. I agree, though, seeds must be planted. And, perhaps, it shouldn't happen over a span of a couple of years. Although, what good storyline lasts longer than a couple of years?

Lynn

• Members

I'm really enjoying Jeff and Gloria. They sometimes border on the shrill, but the humor that Shackelford brings to the role makes the couple very enjoyable. The Jack/Sharon/Nick/Phyllis thing is just too ridiculous for words. Someone needs to make Phyllis a force to be reckoned with again, instead of the giggly, adoring housewife. At least they threw in that little exchange between Sharon and Ashley yesterday to explain the reason that Sharon has been buddy-buddy with Phyllis. The Vic/Adam thing is very intriguing, and I'm looking forward to see where that is going.

Anyone notice the 2 small bloopers in Thursday's show? When discussing the fashion houses advertising in his magazine, Jack referred to Ralph Lauren. Peter Bergman mispronounced "Lauren" with the accent on the "ren." It should be pronounced like the name Lauren (per Tracey Bregman's Lauren). Also, when the doctor told JT and Victoria that Reed had a staph infection, he called it "MSRA." It should be "MRSA."

• Members

Wow, Victor finding Sabrina was the last thing that I expected!

Adam's reaction when he found out about Nick was hilarious!

And the pace was kind of slower today, which I was very thankful for. But it needs to get even slower.

• Members

Ewww to Victoria and Sabrina. Just no. And the nausea continues on Monday's show.

I too didn't buy Sabrina and Victoria as friends. Way too forced. Not sure about the actress yet.

I love Adam and his "rich people quips" because it adds potential drama to the Newman family, without some extraordinary secret. Pure character driven drama, which is always delightful.

The magazine plot is moving quite quickly, but ugh to the obvious loft background. I'll admit that it looks better than the loft, but it still bugs me.

Once again, happy that Daniel dyed his hair back.

I'm also enjoying Nick's new attitude towards Victor. It's pretty much an "I don't give a f--- about you anymore" attitude and I'm enjoying it. I also liked his "should have had the steak" line to Adam. Haha.

• Members

Quote of the week: Adam to Victor: "Victoria had an amazing accident..."

ROFL, I wonder whether he or the actor saw it on YouTube. :lol:

As for Comatoria: A lesbian relationship would be the only thing peaking my interest as long as the role is played by Amelia Heinle. And I leave it by that comment.

• Members

The thing is, another writer can take the gap left by an earlier writer and run with it. After Lily was born, the question of who her father was mysteriously dropped from the story. Lily told Malcolm, "This is Neil's child," and that was that. When Bill Bell was asked about it, he, too, said the same thing. He told fans to stop wondering, since Neil was the dad. Many suspected Bell didn't want Malcolm, who had turned out to have a strong following, to have the specter hanging over him of sleeping with his sister-in-law, although that was never confirmed. But it was clear Bell had no intention of revisiting the story. Meanwhile, Bell's statements didn't stop Kay Alden and Jack Smith from revealing that Malcolm was Lily's biological dad years later.

So if Josh Griffith or some other head writer down the line decides they want Jack to be Summer's father, despite what Stafford was told at the time, they could seize on that bit of sloppy writing around Morrow's vacation to make it happen. Joshua Morrow hopes they never go that route, since he thinks Nick stealing another man's child would be a nasty act that they may not be able to redeem him from. But it could happen if TPTB say so.

Archived