February 11-15, 2008

Toups

• Members

*Crosses fingers so as to not jinx anything*

Last week, I said that I thought if GL aired in all the major markets, it could give GH a run for its money... but my little show surprised me.... it's giving GH a run despite that!!

Lately, I couldn't wait to get home and see GL... time will tell if that stays the same.. won't change my viewing habits.. cause I'll watch the show til one of us passes on... but the more viewers GL can attract back, the better for the little show that could!! :D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, a lot more people simply aren't watching since this time last year. And since then they had to wade through eight months of Dena's stories: Ski lodge follies, the worst high school musical I've ever seen, Miles and Marty, OPP (yeah you know me!), Jessica [!@#$%^&*] a guy in a rock quarry, Dorian and Clint, Viki's weekly humiliation, liver liver who's got the liver, exploding operating rooms, Paige, Spencer, and of course John. So I wouldn't put quite all of it on Ron's four months.

Would that I owned any crystal. And "your mileage may vary" is a common expression. It's not about you.

He's a huge reason the ratings have sunk so far. He is the ultimate liability.

• Members

I won't be shocked if AMC's ratings for next week drop, after like a solid month of weekly promotions of nothing but Jesse & Angie, AMC decides to promote the pole dancing crap, actually there's two promos one called "Cameron Mathison bares all" and other is about of course Ryan and the pole dancing crap.

Way to go AMC, keep driving away those viewers in droves :mellow:

That truly is embarassing, that the View is doing better than ALL the ABC Soaps combined. Errol, I hope you're right and changes are coming, but I won't hold my breath, for some reason ABC likes to promote failure(ie. Frons)

• Members

This is a great post.

A year ago GH had couples together that I was able to watch, and today all my favorites are nothing more than FF material.

You are right Carly would not have stood by and let Lizzie have her way.

A year ago I was getting a pal in the USA to tape GH for me and send me the tape. But since the last few months I have asked her to stop as it is not worth both of us wasting time and money on a soap that is steady going down hil fast.

• Members

I'm really disapointed in Days ratings for last week, especially the dallies for thursday and friday...The plane stuff was spectacular, and some of the best stuff we've seen on the show in years..Yet those 2 days are the lowest rated for the week..And the week before with less action has a huge bump..I don't get it...

• Members

I agree with your post -- entirely -- and must say you are a brave person. :lol: You know you are supposed to accept that OLTL is the only ray of sunshine in the dark forest of daytime. The fact you don't enjoy it is a shortcoming on your part. B) I don't like OLTL and think it is just deadly dull. Others like it, that is their right. But I don't like it and think it's boring. What really irks me is the comments that, well people don't like it because it doesn't show John McBain as much. That's a great way to imply that something unpopular with a majority of posters on this board is the reason for disagreement on what is popular with this board, but otherwise it really has not meaning. Perhaps people dislike OLTL right now for the reason they say, they think it's boring. I think that is why the ratings are very much down for OLTL. It's dull and for people like me, the shows on the other channels are better right now. It is also amazing to me that when GH"s ratings decline, that is welll-deserved and an accurate reflection of the show. The same is true of AMC. Yet, for some reason those same ratings don't capture the true sentiment of OLTL. Interesting.

• Members

GH really needs to ditch Guza he has destroyed the show. I don't know about anybody else but I'm tired of there favorism on certain characters Jason, Sonny, Carly. They never seem to pay for there actions. Fans don't want to see the mob.They want to see romance. Nobodys happy on this show other than carjax and Carly treats Jax terrible he deserves better.I could care less about the Zacarrahs.THe quad with Liz/Lucky/Sam/Jason has went on long enough.I think Liason has possablties as do lusam. Scrubs suppesodly have a big story but the pregnancy needs to be more than about Patricks issues with fatherhood and commitment. It should be about Robins Hiv that the show hasn't mentioned at all.Jlex keeps getting stalled. Theres so much death and depression on the show. Michael buying a gun should have be signs of Sonny and Jason realize how selfish there being and get out of the mob.Stop killing off vetrans.

Archived