February 11-15, 2008

Toups

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

As a network, ABC Daytime has lost 3 million viewers. Why the people in charge of these shows still continue to hold top-level positions at the network's soap operas, is anyone's guess. If change doesn't happen anytime soon, ABC soaps might be defunct as early as next year.

As a side note, daytime' lowest rated soap has now beaten AMC/OLTL in Total Viewers and is ranked 7th among all soaps. With the format change, might we see GL jump in placement even further? Also should be noted that the soap facing the most threat of cancellation, Days of our Lives, is ranked 4th even with its timeslot change in the fall thanks to major markets like New York (which moved it to 2pm in September).

Errol

• Members

LMAO! It's not even Sarah fault. Bad writing will always drag a show down no matter who is playing the character. GH needs real stories, real family dramas and real romance with the action adventure mob stuff if they want to survive. GH doesn't have one good story going on right now and no good couples because they don't know how to do romance. I am suppose to care Michael runs away when i hate the brat and hope he never comes back? Shouldn't Sonny do right by his kids and put them before the Mob and leave if he has too? I never bought that Jason would rather keep his job then raise his son with the woman he clearly loves so much and Liz she doesn't even make sense half the time but what character does. So many characters are so out of character these days. Diane and Alexis are the only good couple on GH these days. GH needs a completer overhaul because it not one couple or character bring down the show it the writing for the whole show that is bringing down the ratings.

• Members

And Brian Frons still has a job - WHY?

GH blows. There is no happiness, no hope, and SSDD.

AMC has Jesse/Angie, but one good thing cannot keep the rest of the show afloat.

I don't watch OLTL.

But the fact that he keeps being REWARDED with promotions (only to ruin Soapnet with stupid non-soap movies, for one) tells me that Disney/ABC must not care about daytime whatsoever. Because if it did, Frons and his buddies would be long gone.

• Members

I know, right? I'm so shocked and speechless that even I'M starting to wonder how this new format of GL is going to change as far as viewership is concerned. They've been doing a little bit of practicing with it, and it's not all that bad sometimes. Sure, some things could use some vast improvement like the lighting and the wobbly shaky cameras not to mention the sound quality. But they're practicing with these new cameras, so I guess practice makes perfect, right? Try to take a look at it to see what I'm talking about.

Archived