February 11-15, 2008

Toups

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My problem with GH is its nothing but violence.No family scenes for example Why didn't we get to see Robin tell mac about her pregnancy on screen.They bring in new characters that nobody cares about. Guza has his pets and its destroying the show IMO. Why does Jason always have to be the hero. Why does sason always win. The writers degrade women.They either make them sluts or smart women who are never good enough see Alexis and Robin. Georgie was a good girl and they killed her off.

• Members

Us GL fans will take any crumb we can get. I love that GL beat GH in total viewers on Monday and beat OLTL and AMC in viewers. I'd like to see GL stay competitive with the other soaps so that it can remain on the air. Time will tell though with the new format.

• Members

Yes someone please tell me why Frons still has a job??? What does he have on Sweeney that she keeps promoting him????

J&A are keeping AMC from dropping lower(it deserves to be 1.9 or lower), but I don't even see that lasting. ABCD needs to learn that these casting stunts can't take the place of good writing. It's obvious B&E are putting all their eggs in one basket(Jesse & Angie), and even J&A can't save this show.

Just damn, thanks for that info Errol. I think ABCD is doomed if a regime change doesn't happen. I'm starting to think AMC will be gone not long after Days next year.....

• Members

Yay for the Bell soaps, holding steady with the ability to improve!

DAYS is that little engine that could, it thinks it can, I hope it can.

The P&G soaps: well my my my, GL has not toppled AMC and OLTL and is within reach of GH...whoever would have thought that was possible?! And ATWT is holding steady, nice to see. At least P&G appears to give a damn.

ABC Daytime: not going to say much aside from they're getting exactly what they deserve.

• Members

DAYS

Monday: 2.2/2,947,000

Tuesday: 2.3/3,032,000

Wednesday: 2.2/3,064,000

Thursday: 2.1/2,882,000

Friday: 2.1/2,887,000

GH

Monday: 2.2/2,752,000

Tuesday: 2.4/3,103,000

Wednesday: 2.2/3,017,000

Thursday: 2.3/2,808,000

Friday: 2.2/2,729,000

Interesting how DAYS gets the higher volume of viewers yet GH get's the better rating? :huh:

• Members

No freakin' kidding!!! Stupid Valentine's Day eppy. I knew it would be the lowest rated day of the week (well, the least amount of viewers anyway...).

It doesn't surprise me that a WELL LIKED character's troubles (Parker's) get higher ratings. D'UH...stop making people unrootable, IIC.

• Members

I completely forgot about the V-Day show. Of course it got the lowest total viewers and HH number. :rolleyes: And they call them a success. :rolleyes: They need to stop with these special shows. It is hurting their overall numbers.

I think it is the fact that Jack and Carly are also working together to clear Parker that help the ratings increase. But I agree. Parker being a rootable character adds so much to wanting to view the storyline.

• Members

ABC needs to get rid of Frons and make a clean sweep at all three soaps.

I don't watch GH but it doesn't take a genius to see that its in dire need of help.

AMC's been a mess for a long time. Jesse and Angie have managed to stop the bleeding but they can't save the whole show. However the writing for them has been phenomenal. Whoever's responsible for it should be given more reach because they have seem to have been studying Marland's rules.

And no matter how many people want to crown Ron Carlivati the savior of soaps (yes I'm talking to you Nelson Branco), OLTL is still one of the most boring, pedantic shows on the air and the ratings back that up. The "Higley sucked more" exemption has run out. Perhaps Ron needs a braver, edgier co-writer, someone less married to out of date stories and the ways of telling them.

Archived