February 11-15, 2008

Toups

• Members

No, what I see were people stating THEIR OPINIONS on a particular show that THEY TOO WATCH, which is different froms his. He's the one who ends up attacking them for their opinions....

Just because we all watch certain shows, that doesn't mean we all have to share the same view of them....

The same thing happens with the other shows in this thread, but somehow I never see a war started over the other 7 shows, can you explain to me why that happens?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No the same thing does not happen.

What happens is that the majority of the shows either

1) Stay the same in terms of ratings

2) Fall .1 or .2

BUT the heading of the thread is suddenly changed to..."OMG GH feel catastrophically...ABC in the dumps! Mass Panic begin..." 1, 2, or heck even 3 people make some remark about how pathetic GH is (even though its not when compared the ratings with the rest of the soaps and especially in the important demographics) and then certain people respond.

Thereby singling out one soap when its pretty much common knowledge that all soaps have fallen in the ratings. And GH is still one of the top rated shows out there as well as one of the best in terms of quality (thats a personal opinion and I understand that you don't have to agree with me).

Hopefully that won't happen this time around. And like I said people are addicted to the fighting about stuff like this....and by you even bringing him up in this thread (not by name of course but still everyone knew who you meant) just shows that you're already prepping for the war you claim you don't want to happen.

Anyways I just want GH to stay steady or go up. I watched Days yesterday and it was OK. But probably only cuz it was so dramatic what with Grandpa Shawn dead and all.

Aren't Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer leaving? Whats their last airdate?

• Members

Have to respectfully disagree. The quality of GH is awful. Phelps has no more of a clue than Guza did and I suspect their ratings will continue to decline disproportionately to other soap operas. I've been wrong before and may be wrong about their ratings now but the poor quality is obvious to most.

• Members

Keyword being respectfully and since you said that (as opposed to a lot of others) I can totally understand your POV and agree to disagree.

Some get GH. Some don't.

Some love it. Some hate it. Which is fine with me. It just seems a lil unfair to attack it for no reason and continue the constant crying/whining about a show that you clearly hate yet will not change most likely.

• Members

So in order to disagree with you we have to state that we respectfully disagree with you.

I don't see GH gaining much of anything this sweeps period. They aren't doing their normal show boat routine during sweeps instead are focusing on gun violence which is tuning a lot of people out.

Archived