• Members

<!--

.indented

{

padding-left: 50pt;

padding-right: 50pt;

}

-->

Update: The Times’s Jeff Zeleny and Patrick Healy have more here.

P.S. We usually try to spare you Caucus readers the most ridiculous spin from all the mice out there in the blogosphere, but in keeping with the levity of the evening, we thought we’d pass along this judgment from the Republican National Committee:

Tonight, Senators Clinton and Obama faced off in the Kodak Theatre, the home of the Academy Awards… And the Oscars go to:

Actor in a leading role: Barack Obama – For his performance as Clinton’s “friend” after snubbing her three days earlier.

Actress in a leading role: Hillary Clinton – For her performance reaching out her hand in “friendship and unity” for three days.

Writing (Adaptation of a Screenplay): Hillary Clinton – For rewriting her record.

Writing (Original Screenplay): Barack Obama – For writing fiscal and security policy proposals with virtually no experience.

Picture: The Democrats’ skewed vision for higher taxes and weaker security.

Director: John Edwards – For dictating the first 15 minutes.

Cinematography: CNN – For capturing Hollywood’s love of the Democratic candidates.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/live-blogging-the-la-debate/index.html?hp

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After the 8 years of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney & Condileeza Rice and their Iraq War, anyone with a brain should vote DEMOCRATIC! Anyone voting for another W, that's exactly what John McCain will be, must be out of their freaking mind, have no common sense or brains, or as just f'd up in the skull as W is!

And Sylph, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are great Presidential candidates and either one of them will make an excellent President and will be a helluva lot better than W, Dick, Bush Sr or Ronnie Reagan!!!! They'd make a great ticket and I hope they will agree to run with each other after the winner is decided. I am hoping Hillary as President and Barack as Vice. I think Barack needs just a little more experience before becoming President. 8 years as Vice would be just that for Barack, then hopefully he'll get the Presidency.

• Members

I totally agree with that. They seemed very friendly last night but alas that could all be for show but it would do the nation great service to see a Clinton/Obama ticket....

I ultimately think Clinton will win the nomination. She's been the president in waiting in the eyes of many within the Democratic party if you ask me. I expect her to do better than Barack will on Super Tuesday and that will essentially make her the front runner. My opinion though, an outsider's opinion at that. I wish I could vote LOL.

On the Republican Side if McCain gets the nomination (which looks likely) you are not changing a damn thing.

• Members

Hey Wales...sorry I misread your post and got the wrong interpretation. About the LA comment..I was just joking. As a whole, I loathe the city but not everyone there is judgmental and bad but, for the most part, that is the impression I get (I would say 90% of the residents there are stuck up, snotty, rude, egocentric, money hungry). At least it is liberal and you got an awesome mayor (he is my first pick to be the nominee for Governor in 2010...for the Democrats, that is)

• Members

ITA and I am Australian and I don't like Bush and Co.

We had 11 years of little Johnny Howard here and every time Bush told him to jump he asked how high. He was also known as Bush's puppet cuz he did what ever his very good friend George wanted.

Finally in Nov of last year we voted little Johnny and his party out. He even lost his seat.

Kevin Rudd became our new Prime Minister. If Bush tells him to jump he will tell Bush to get back to him next week and he will see if he has time then

Now one of the first things he did was order a withdrawal of our troops from Iraq and they are expected to be home by mid year.

I think that he also told Bush at the climate thing in Dec last year to pull his finger out and to do something to help.

• Members

NP. I'm learning not to be emotional or defensive about anything I read because it's so easy to misinterpret a person's intent and I don't want to get angry about things that may not even matter to me in the long run.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the percentage because I'm quite certain it is way lower than that. Maybe if you're talking about Beverly Hills, Brentwood, or some of the other elite neighborhoods, but the majority of the people fall into the middle to lower class. I guess it all depends on the encounters one has because those encounters for me have been the exception rather than the norn.

I also have to disagree with you about the mayor. He is most definitely busy propping himself up for higher office that he isn't dedicating the time he should to actually managing the city affairs. I see him as slick and polished as opposed to having any substance. But then again that is the nature of most politicians and that's why I can't really get into them. This whole place is overrun with career politicians who haven't done a thing but keep promising this and that as they steadily increase property taxes, lie about temporary sales tax increases, are seeking out tolls, etc. I'm pretty much expecting an offer of room and board for a paycheck once they've exhausted all their tax options.

Los Angeles needs a business minded mayor not one who is more concerned about being seen with celebrities. California needs a governor who can fix a wound not one who will put a whole lot of band aids on it while he's partying up.

Archived