Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

I knew that we would never have an Obama/Hillary ticket. It was hard enough for America to accept a Catholic President in the Sixties (JFK). I don't honestly think that the majority of Americans will accept a woman and a Black man together on a ticket. Personally I don't think its a bad thing at all, however I don't think that the majority of Americans will see it.

What I can see is this. John Edwards playing a very key role in either Obama's or Hillary's run for the White House. If they win, I believe that Edwards will not want to be VP, that he will want a key cabinet position. I can see someone like Richardson as the perfect VP candidate. As the governor of NM, he would pull in a key demographic, the Hispanic vote, plus the SouthWest knows him.

Super Tuesday will decide this race. McCain pretty much has this wrapped up. McCain and Huckabee would be a great ticket, IMO.

I love the political season!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was in NYC in May of 1997 and it took me all of a couple of mintues to fall in love with the city.

To me NYC is a lot like Melbourne.

So it is now a two person race for the White House. I think that the USA will now have either the first Black or first Female President.

How great it will be if they were on the same ticket.

• Members

I agree with the people saying hillary doesn't have it in the bag, because she doesn't. I don't even think she has the black vote, I know personally that alot of people were turned off by what bill and hillary did to obama in SC. Bill clinton's black card has been revoked. :lol: I feel that hillary just has too many haters and she's creating more by the week. What happened to that hillary that almost-cried, that seems to be the hillary that people liked most, they should sticked to the human side of hillary instead of turning her back into robobitch.

Something tells me we aren't gonna see a obama/hillary or Hillary/obama ticket heres what obama said about hillary:

• Members

I heard something about it. She couldn't get closer because Obama was trying to hear what someone was saying. With all the applause and confusion going around, Hillary could move any closer to the Senator. I saw it on CNN and it was explained

• Members

If it's McCain and Mr.911 for the GOP

Hilary or Obama will need someone like Bill Richardosn with all his oversea's cred.

However Hilary not picking Obama as VP will cost her dearly with black voters.

IMO Hilary can't beat McCain without Obama.

I thnk anyone could beat Romney , because he's such a phoney but Mccain will be trickey.

It's good thing Lieberman has said he won't run as McCain's runningmate.

They would have been unbeatable.

• Members

I wasn't being cocky, Roman. I was merely stating how some members of the GOP feel about McCain. In fact, I just got a phone call from him (it was obviously a recording) about supporting him. Uhh they do not see on their sheets that I am registered with the Democrat party? I would never vote for McCain

If McCain is the nominee and Hillary is, trust me he will not be able to stand up to the Clinton attack machine...they will run him down like no tomorrow and he is one who deserves it.

• Members

If Obama isn't at least VP the Dem's are going to lose millons of Black voters.

If the GOP wasn't such idiots they would wake up and see that if the Clintons get the nom for the frist time in years the black vote could be in play.

However McCain and company all have seemed to write off the Black vote.

• Members

Not at all , I was watching Tavis Simley last night and he was talking about this.

Alot of Black voters are upset by the way Obama is being treated and many feel that he

is being cheated.

He had a GOP guy on who said that is his party was smart they would go after the Black vote if Obama

isn't on the ticket.

Black Dems have voted mostly White and now many mosly young Dems think it's theit chance.

Tavis said he has heard the samething.

Hopefully i explained myself in the rightthing?

I just feel that what the Clintons are doing is going to comeback and bite them!

• Members

Oh yes, yes. :) I see what you mean.

We just have some posters on SON who react first with silliness before someone says what they meant to say.

IA with you wholeheartedly.

The young people, the future, have picked Obama as their champion. Their leader.

That could be enough to carry the day......especially since Billary has decided that chewing up and spitting out a candidate at all cost is how to "unite" the country and push for "change".

• Members

There are racist overtones to the rhetoric of those who speak on Hilary's behalf. As far as the idea of voting based on race, it's no different from the myriad of other decisions made regarding racial comfort zones. It's one thing to be objective and want the best person for the job, but when you look back and realize that the power players have never looked like you, generation after generation, human nature takes over to even the score. I bet we'll see that notion played out for the next few months.

• Members

Black folks have stuck with the Dems for years and years and have been taken for granted in the process.

I just don't think young black people are willing to do that anymore.

If Obama isn't on the ticket i think the Dems will lose a big part of their voting block.

I don't get why the GOP have given up trying to win this powerful voting Block over?

• Members

Well I would not go so far as to say that because Democrats traditionally have gotten the black vote for many years now without a black candidate on the ticket. It is just that, this year, it is highly likely that an African American will get a nomination. President or Vice President? I think Hillary will end up picking Obama as the vice president...and that ticket, many are predicting, would be unstoppable to victory

If you talk to both Hillary and Obama separately, they will tell you that the criticisms and attacks are just playing politics and nothing to demean the other person. They truly do respect each other and have no ill feelings towards the other person....I just see them aligning with each other for November...and after eight years of President Hillary (sorry Roman I had to add this ;)) as the first woman president, Obama can be the first black president ;)

Archived