Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

Wow I had no idea you were black, Roman. Ahh you learn something new every day ;)....so do you see yourself relating to Obama more so than other candidates because he shares similar experiences to you? My favorite college course was Intro to African American studies and the professor was just phenomenal. She made you feel the horror and devastation of the slave and Jim Crow eras and showed us how dreadful as well as morbid those days were. But African American history is just fascinating to study but, of course, there happen to also be lots of blood, sweat, and tears accompanying it. That class basically taught me to really appreciate the early African American leaders (W.E.B. DuBois, Ida B Wells, Frederick Douglass, and to some degree Booker T. Washington).

As for white candidates, well yea it is a shame that you really have had no other choices because only white people have gotten nominations...unless you look at other parties like the Communist Party of USA where Angela Davis was nominated as, I think, vice president in 1980 or one of those years.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally, I don't give a damn what the color or gender someone is.

I vote for the person.

And........I'll say it once again. Hillary is NOT unstoppable. Devoted, You can think that all you want to, but at a time earlier when she has a double digit lead in the polls, she now only leads by 6 points and it is shrinking. And, like others ahve said, she is doing it to herself. What those two say publically doesn't matter one bit. It's what the voters think......and right now many of them are seriously turned off by BIllary running a ruthless campaign.

Now......Devoted, if you want to believe that she is a show in for the White House, go ahead.

I just think you may end up with egg on your face with the was she's acting right now.

• Members

You know, I am a girl and just because I have already voted for Hillary once doesn't mean I would do it again. I vote for the person and the issues. Not the gender or race. Hillary or Obama making it to the White House is hardly a sure thing. And I do not thing they will be on a ticket together. I can see Richardson as the perfect VP candidate for either one of them.

Reagan was quoted many, many times stating that he would never have George Bush as his running mate. He was all ready to announce former President Ford (who had only served one term) as his runing mate. I think you know the outcome. Nothing is ever a sure thing, especially in politics.

• Members

Did they ever really start? 4 years ago they courted the Black evangelical crowd because Bush was desperate for allies in his marriage amendment scheme. That agenda is useless now, so they've gone back to the stance of cutting taxes for their rich cronies. That crowd isn't exactly darker than a paper bag.

• Members

And I think that's where we see it different.

Becuase I do not it a given or a gurantee that she or her and Obama will be unstoppable.

And that same political attack machine that folks are bragging about is the same thing that is turning people off. :)

• Members

Well we both agree that Bill needs to stop the attacking because it can very easily cost his wife the black vote...I think she is out here in California in San Jose and I was invited to see her. However, I already saw her speak in Oakland and San Jose is quite far from me so I will pass ;)

Honestly, whoever the GOP nominee is better be ready to be criticized up the wahzoo (I guess I should have said criticized rather than attack with Clinton vs. McCain) since the Clintons can easily put him in his place...and they almost always come out the victors ;)

Archived