Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I was listening to John Kerry talk today on Face the Nation. He is in support of Barack Obama for President. I noticed he referred to Obama as an African-American. Many people have said this. I thought that he was half white and half black!? Why would half of his heritage be denied??

• Members

Oh, I hated John Kerry. Him and his wife creeped me out.

Hillary and Romney won Michigan although for Clinton, she wasn't techincally up against Obama or Edwards. I think Obama probably would of taken it (I personally prefer Hillary but I like Barack Obama too) but a win is still a win.

• Members

Who do you guys think is gonna win SC? This is a tough one because JE has a strong connection to the south carolina, the majority of democratic voters are AA which work in Obama's favor, and Hillary has always been for AA(whether some people believe that or not). I think it will be a really close race between hillary/obama. Why oh why hasn't jonh edwards announced his withdrawl from the race, he barely even gets mentioned when the news talk about the democrats. :lol: I think the clinton news media machine/obama #1 fan oprah and a long with the obama/clinton back and forth is clearly leaving him out in the cold. I don't think any any of the democrats stand a chance against obama/clinton, the news media focuses more on them two more than they do on any other candidates and that includes all the republicans put together. I think we are only seeing more republican footage because they have been separated from the dems when it comes to voting at the primarys now.

• Members

Wow

I find it amazing the difference in voting between the USA and Australia.

The elections for my state are set so we know when we are going to go to the polls.

But federal Government is different.

Where the US has the election on the first Tuesday of November every 4 years, we have terms that can last 3 - 4 years and it is the Prime Minister that decides when we will go to the polls and it will always be a Saturday.

In the US the president can only be president for 2 terms. Here in Australia they can govern for as long as they keep being voted in.

In the US if you don't want to vote you don't have to. Here in Australia once you turn 18 you have to registar with the Australian Electroal Commission and you MUST vote in the elections once you are registared. If you don't you get fined.

I do so love the set terms one. At least then if you have someone that you don't like running the country you know when he is going to go.

DevotedToAMC I do love your banner.

Oh and I am going for Hillary.

• Members

Archived