Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

Hillary is the last one that many feel can put McCain in his place.

She has skeletons in her closet as well, so don't think that she is not above being slammed herself.

I'll wait until November before I start saying who is guranteed to win this thing.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This caught my attention because I'm thinking that I didn't see where the addressee stated sharing any similar experiences with Obama. I can only conclude that it is assumed that black people all have the same or similar experiences which must be quite different than other humans experience. That similar experience is probably generally due to ignorance more than anything else. I have a friend who decided not to waste her breath trying to convince anyone that she would dare vote for a candidate based on any sort of platform and instead let people believe that she'll vote for Obama just because they're both black. And I don't blame her. I mean Joseph Biden did say that Obama was articulate and clean which I ridiculously implies that other black men are not.

Unlike you, I don't think Hilary Clinton is a sure thing. I'm not so sure that if it comes down to her and any Republican at all (even McCain) that the majority of the voters won't see the Republican as the lesser of two evils. The fact of the matter is that people aren't overwhelmingly supporting any candidates because the candidate is that appealing, it's more about who is the best of the whatever choice there is. The majority opted for George Bush over the best that the Democrats had to offer twice. Hilary Clinton seems to turn people off and Bill may turn out to be more of a liability than a draw at some point. People may be a bit hyped up for the primaries but I hope if she wins the nomination that her presence doesn't lead to voter apathy because I can see her being a catalyst for Democrats voting Republican just on a hate factor.

• Members

Well McCain also has his own skeletons and they are ones that the GOP has seen, like in 2004 when he hugged Bush after Bush smeared him like no other in 2000. Then there are also his radical pro life beliefs since a friend of mine in Arizona wrote to him about pro choice/pro life issues and he responded to her basically calling her a murderer for supporting the right to choose

• Members

That is why I asked the question...because he did not share it and I was just curious. I am not suggesting that they have the same or similar experiences but that both people, I am sure, have encountered prejudice and racism over time. What I asked was if he could relate more to Obama based on heritage but did not imply that the experiences are similar or the same. And thanks so much for calling me ignorant....wow you are just in that position to judge

I see you are from Los Angeles...hmm that explains it ;)

• Members

I honestly think the Clintons know what they will dig up on them, which is the same stuff from when Bill went to The White House....Whitewater, Travelgate, Tammy Wynette remarks, baking cookies and making tea remarks, campaign manager indicted for misuse of funds (she had nothing to do with it and she fired him), getting a campaign donation from someone with terrorist ties (she returned the money).

Most of those have already been hashed out (Whitewater, Travelgate, Tammy Wynette, cookies and tea) so it is nothing new.

• Members

If it's McCain VS Hillary or Obama the VP's could decide the race.

Alot of people are saying McCain will pick Huckabee as VP. IMO he should go with Mr.911.

As for Hillary or Obama as a team would mean the GOP could air ads of them tearing eachother part.

I think Bill Richardson would make a great VP for Obama but Richardson and Hillary on the same team

would BORE people to tears.

McCain is going to give anyone a very stuff time and God Forbid there is another terror attack.

If there's another terror attack McCain wins .

IMO VP's will play a major part in the race.

The days of the VP being a maroon that dosen't matter are over.

• Members

I'm not really sure how to respond to this because I don't know what you're intent is. My intent was to point out that people are people basically and I'm not even implying that you don't already know this. I think it's easy for people to be defensive so I'm not even going to take that position because you're assuming that I was taking a negative approach when I was merely offering a pov since I couldn't even begin to touch the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this topic.

Since I'm not sure what you mean about being from Los Angeles then I can't properly respond to this either. I surely don't want to take it as anything negative since it's a melting pot so to speak.

• Members

Devoted,

I say that because every time I or someone else has said that her election is going to be difficult, you have posted stating that no matter what, she will get in, no problem.

Now, that is just how I feel about her getting in, and my response to your posts.

• Members

That is fine but remember that there are experts in politics who are predicting she has the presidency...now maybe I am wrong but I certainly see her pulling off a victory this November

I liked tonight's debate where they asked on the possibility of an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama ticket. I have been saying for a long time now that they need to be the ticket! :)

• Members

Devoted there are lots of experts that are saying differently. It is way too early. Super Tuesday hasn't even started happened yet!

And I don't know what debate you were watching, but neither one of them answered the question. They totally shrugged it off. It's too early to publically say anything about it.

• Members

I was watching the debate in Los Angeles and saw them answer the question and how it is too early to tell who will be on their ticket. They did not say anything about the ticket being with both of them but did discuss that they cannot forsee right now what the ticket will be.

Maybe it is you who is watching another debate...however, I normally do not tell anyone that they are watching a different show if we disagree because I find it rude and insulting and beneath me but, since you brought it up first, I decided this would be an exception.

Archived