2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know why Michelle Patrick this fall moved back to scripts? I mean I loved it because her scripts have always been amazingly well done. I was just curious. And AMC never replaced her. Still only 4 AHW.... and what ever happened to Sara Bibel?

• Members

Well, they did technically replace Michelle -- with Sara Bibel, who left after four weeks. :) We'll see if Hope Harmel Smith will be back writing BDs after the strike or if they'll get someone else in there.

Who knows why MP went back to scripts, Marla Kanelos did the same thing a couple of years ago. Maybe she wanted a change. And maybe with Karen Lewis leaving, AMC wanted an experienced scripter in the mix.

• Members

The first scab episode of B&B was fantastic! I won't be pleased if every episode focuses on one storyline, but Bell was doing that himself. I thought the dialogue was fantastic and even mentioned the history of Brooke and Taylor. Hunter Tylo was off the fricking chain. Toups, any idea how long B&B has breakdowns? I imagine they're organized enough to have stories planned that could carry them for a while. This is pretty much the beginning of Taylor's story so they should be set!

• Members

Karen Lewis leaving AMC hurt them her dialogue was top notch not this petty crap we get with Bugler, Taylor, Cohen and Hall.

AMC really needs to over haul there writing staff has soon as the strike is over.

And I did like the suggestion to make Patrick and Beldner headwriters.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 14 2008, 11:51 PM)
The first scab episode of B&B was fantastic! I won't be pleased if every episode focuses on one storyline, but Bell was doing that himself. I thought the dialogue was fantastic and even mentioned the history of Brooke and Taylor.

Indeed. The only difference to pre-scab was that the dialogue was slightly less cultured. No Shakespeare references ;) , play with words etc. but all in all flawless and very good.

It seems they still got Brad's stories which were already broken down and now someone (my guess is Michael Minnis since he has the longest script writing experience of the assoc. headwriters...) is penning scripts.

In about a month or so it could get crucial because I don't think Brad Bell works with plans longer than 6 months; so it will then be the beginning of real scab writing or the Bells come up with an in-house agreement with WG...

• Administrator

AMC is now the 3rd soap to air full strike episdoes.

- Amanda L. Beall last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 14

- Stephen Demorest last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 14

- Chip Hayes last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 14

- Addie Walsh last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 14

- Jeff Beldner last listed as Script Editor on January 14

- James Harmon Brown last listed as Co-Head Writer on January 14

- Barbara Esensten last listed as Co-Head Writer on January 14

Archived