2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

R Sinclair: You do bring up a good point, re: returning to work when their entire staffs are picketing. It will be quite akward when the writing team returns to work, because many of them are such staunch supporters of the strike and undoubtedly are unsupportive of the Fi-Core writers. You have to wonder what the ramifications will be for the Fi-Core writers post-strike, will the networks get rid of them because they don't want to associate with "traitors" anymore, and are just using them to their advantage during strike time? It's funny: the networks & guilds always enjoy good relationships -- just not during contract negotiations!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I pretty much agree with all of this. My biggest complaint is how bored I was with their stuff. So bored I actually tuned out for the longest time I have ever tuned out in my some 14 years watching this show. The balance improved slightly in December and it was the Adam/Kate business that finally drew me back in and of course the news of the much anticipated returns of Rebecca, Debbie and Darnell!

• Members

I can only assume that the each "Days" scriptwriter was able/unable to finish up one last script for this time frame. That's why we've had the back and forth this week. I would guess they'd be gone for good by next week.

US Airdate:

Fri. 1/11 no dialogue writers

Mon. 1/14 dialogue writers

Tue. 1/15 no dialogue writers

Wed. 1/16 dialogue writers

Thu. 1/17 no dialogue writers

Archived