2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is probably a stupid question with the strike going on and all, but Toups can you confirm if you know, are things being rewritten at AMC? So far there's been ALOT of spoilers that are not happening, or when they did, it was completely different from what the spoiler said...

• Members

Toups, at then end of today's B&B the credits listed Bradley Bell, Michael Minnis and Kay Alden. Also, for the past week or so Jerry Birn and Janice Ferri Esser are listed as Story Consultants with the actors and other crew members with the longer credits. They were both listed in today's episode.

• Administrator

CTV (which I assume has the same credits as cbs.com) didn't list the storyline consultant, and now CBS is back to listing them when they weren't a few days ago?

Oy, these B&B credits are pissing me off. Can't a multi billion dollar company do something right when it's something so easy like credits??? Come on!!! :angry:

• Administrator

Oh and I just heard that Linda Poindexter joined the DAYS writing team on trial basis just before the strike started. So I guess she wrote the last script if all the script writers are gone from tomorrow's credits. Wow, bad timing for her!

• Members

According to the NY Times, both AMC head-writers are fi-core:

"Two of the most prominent soap opera writers to return to work are James Harmon Brown and Barbara J. Esensten, the co-head writers of “All My Children” on ABC, according to someone briefed on their decision who would discuss it only anonymously. The writing team, whose credits include “Guiding Light” and “Port Charles,” accepted financial core status and returned to work in late December."

The two writers did not respond Thursday to messages left at their offices.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/business...amp;oref=slogin

Archived