2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Are B&E the ones responsible for the whole "real Greenlee" thing? It was Brian Frons that got her to return, and I would assume that it's ABC's promo people that are responsible for all the promo of it. The only thing that B&E could have to do with it is the re-write of Spike and her insta-redemption - but we don't know if that was planned all along.

I think B&E were good until around August. Then all their stories were repetetive and boring, not to mention the fact that they didn't (and still don't) make any sense at all. When it comes to McTavish, she lasted for a good while (give or take a few stories) until she started to go - which IMO was Summer 2006.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Frons replaces them with a long time staff writer like he did at OLTL, I am not so sure. I think at this point that is what they have to do. With AMC becoming so much more diverse again why not pass the pen to Michelle Patrick? She is african american, stands up for the african american cause in soaps and has a history with AMC dating back to the glory days of the mid to late 80's I think she would inject life into this show.

• Members

Well, I'd agree she's great and all, but she's written a grand total of 12 scripts during her career, let's give her some more time to cut her teeth before promoting to HW, eh?

My picks: Jeff Beldner & Michelle Patrick. Combined, they have 25 years experience w/ the show. Please promote.

• Administrator

LOL I know, eh. She has no experience in creating an episode let alone an entire storyline. Plus, you don't promote a SW to HW, you gotta have experience in the AHW position first, IMO. You have to work closely with a HW to see how that position works.

Yup. Give them a shot.

I don't know. LOL Did you hear something?

Archived