2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

DAYS:

- Linda Poindexter first listed as Script Writer on January 10

Linda Poindexter is a former Associate Casting Director. LOL So this leads me to believe that the scab dialogue is starting, but the other script writers were still listed (in the Canadian credits, what did NBC have?).

AMC:

- Kate Hall last listed as Script Writer on December 13 (2007)

- Joanna Cohen last listed as Script Writer on December 19 (2007)

- Ron Renauld last listed as Script Writer on December 21 (2007)

- Courtney Bugler last listed as Script Writer on December 31 (2007)

- Marla Kanelos last listed as Script Writer on January 2

- Michelle Patrick last listed as Script Writer on January 3

- Rebecca Taylor last listed as Script Writer on January 4

B&B:

- Janice Ferri Esser last listed as Script Writer on January 3

- Patrick Mulcahey last listed as Script Writer on January 4

- Rex M. Best last listed as Script Writer on January 7

- Tracey Ann Kelly last listed as Script Writer on January 9

- Janice Ferri Esser last listed as Storyline Consultant on January 9

- Jerry Birn last listed as Storyline Consultant on January 9

• Members

They may still have a few scripts left to air...this episode may have to have been heavily re-written for some reason. I would expect the rest of the staff to disappear from the credits in the near future...In the meantime, here's the press release I wrote up for Poindexter...first time I ever had to write a mini-bio for an associate casting director!

LINDA POINDEXTER WRITES

Long-time "Days of Our Lives" associate casting director Linda Poindexter wrote the dialogue for the January 10, 2008 episode. This was the first episode written since the strike began on November 5 and Poindexter becomes the first replacement writer for "Days." However, all of the other dialogue writers were still listed with Poindexter in the credits, so there may still be a few episodes remaining written by the staff writers. Poindexter was previously the associate casting director from 1989-2007. Her main responsibility was to cast the background extras on the show. This is Poindexter's first writing assignment. She is listed as a member of the WGA on the WGA's website. Linda Rae Poindexter, 53, was born on November 17, 1954.

• Members

Just got confirmation....that's it for "Days" as of today....no more dialogue writers as of 1/10/08...No dialogue writers listed for 1/11/08. Poindexter may actually be a writer now, since she's on the WGA site...she and no other dialogue writers are listed tomorrow.

• Members

Also, I have to say, for scab writing, today's DAYS had GREAT dialogue. Sami's "after all I've done to reform myself, now you want me to lie?" speech to Lucas' lawyer was really brilliant. Classic daytime and GREAT acting by Ali Sweeney.

While some soaps needed this strike, it couldn't have come at a worse time for DAYS. The Scott/Sheffer regime was clearly on a roll. But it's classic Ken Corday, (and classic Hogan Sheffer too,) always a day late and a penny short.

Archived