2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Yes!!!!

I always wondered what happened to Denney, guess I know now.

Sure DAYS might get passed on Acting, Writing, and Outstanding Show Emmy's, but it's possible they'll get a Directing Emmy if the show keeps this up.

As for Whitesell's potential hiring; why does Goutman continue to hire incompetent people?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always knew he was fired by LML and didn't really retire. I wonder how LML could justify firing all of this talent! It's such a shame that they are no longer there now. She must have unemployed (for good reason!) friends and family in every field.

• Members

Wow...Days getting Denney is big. Awesome!!

I will check out GH without Guza, even if it's temporary, just to see what is happening.

Y&R without Latham is better. I see the changes but I guess I am a little more subdued in my praise. It's definitely better though and I am watching more. The stories need a bit more work though.

Toups, can you give us any hints or at least tell us if the interim writers at Days are pretty decent or at least can do positive things with the show?

• Administrator

I'm confident in the writer. ;)

I am not confident in them. LOL But Hogan does leave them in a good position, so I am hoping they'll surprise us and do something good.

Whitesell wasn't fired. He quit in July. So unless Goutman patched things up with him and offered him a sweet deal that he couldn't refuse............

• Members

Guys, be nice to Toups. Toups is one of us (gooble gobble gooble gobble we accept him we accept him one of us one of us). He would never intentionally hold out on us. I'm sure he will tell us everything he can when he can (i.e. when the strike ends). But if we want him to be the great source he is, he has to have the integrity to keep secrets.

Archived