2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Happy New Year All:

Many of the writers going core are senior writers like Wolf, Griffith, Cwikly.

It is rumored that Goutman has Chris Whitesell in the headwriter chair with promises to maintain the title after the strike. This is unconfirmed but from a reliable source. My sources also tell me that Wheeler's having trouble pulling together writers. Gold is probably core but she was going after scabs because the rest of the team in staying on strike and she knows that her producers can't write this already compromises show.

Alden is still with B&B as is Minnis and Snyder. Bell owns the show so he's still in control. His scripters remain on strike so Alden and company will be doing all the chores.

• Members

Does Whitesell suck? I googled him and he seems to have decent credits. He won Emmys for GL and OLTL during good periods. Glad that Kay Alden will be B&B's HW. I've heard Brad isn't doing any work or taking any calls, even as EP, so hopefully she rocks it!

Toups, iis the person you think is scabbing a potentially positive change or more crap?

• Members

DENNEY DIRECTS "DAYS"

Six-time Emmy Award-winning director Mike Denney has joined the "Days of Our Lives" staff, effective January 7, 2008. Denney worked on "The Young & the Restless" staff from 1989-2007 and was nominated 16 times for directing Emmys, winning six times (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2002). Michael Kenneth Denney, 61, was born on December 24, 1946.

http://members.aol.com/jason47b

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 4 2008, 06:59 PM)
Toups, iis the person you think is scabbing a potentially positive change or more crap?

Judging by that list of writers Toups posted a few weeks back of writers that didn't sign some WGA petition.... my fear is James Harmon Brown is driving the show along with his buddy Julie Carruthers :mellow:

• Administrator

YES!!!!!!!! This is awesome!!!! Thanks for the great news, Jason!!

Remember what I kept on saying about Mike Denney and his "retirement."

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.p...st&p=486247

LMAO!! :D

First we get Kathryn Foster, then Noel Maxam and now Mike Denney?!!! The DAYS directing team is perfect!! If only we got Sally McDonald too, but I can't too greedy.

• Members

To me Chris Whitesell sucks. I didn't like his episodes of Sunset Beach. They were boring.

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 4 2008, 06:59 PM)
Does Whitesell suck? I googled him and he seems to have decent credits. He won Emmys for GL and OLTL during good periods. Glad that Kay Alden will be B&B's HW. I've heard Brad isn't doing any work or taking any calls, even as EP, so hopefully she rocks it!

• Members

I know all rumors should be suspect and I've posted a few that turned out not to happen. Alden and Brad didn't get along and it was widely reported, particularly in TV Guide that he wanted her out. Jack Smith came in and she stayed. When JS and KA left Latham's world, Jack was offered a job by Brad..not Kay even though she had been Bill Sr.'s longest most loyal friend and writer. Brad and Kay made up because B&B's ratings are not great and she couldn't get full time hired at ABC. They needed one another and mended fences. It was a big surprise that she went to B&B.

Archived