2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, he left during his first GH stint to create and establish Sunset Beach. He left during his second stint because he hated Wendy Riche and she hated him. Since he hasn't created anything new and Jill and Frons share his crappy vision, he'll be coming back after the strike.

I haven't noticed anything different about today's GH thus far, unlike Y&R which soared when it's hack was no longer credited. :lol:

• Administrator

Garin went on Fi-Core for personal reasons. From the LA Times Article:

His storylines may still be airing but these episodes aren't being layed out by Guza. Guza's not determining what's going to happen week-to-week. Also, we might see changes in character, how they act, or the pacing can be faster/slower. We just have to wait and see how Garin Wolf writes for the show.

No not yet. When/if force majeure happens and Guza gets fired, then we can pop the champagne. :)

• Members

Paula Cwikly, a very capable writer it would seem, is one of the few writers who wasn't part of LML's group of putrid pals. She worked for Griffith at 'Sunset Beach' and for Sony at DAYS. I'm happy to see that the Latham era is (hopefully) officially over.

And bravo to Sally McDonald, she totally deserved the promotion and to promoted from within, the Y&R way is back! Also, Anthony Morina is married to Sally Sussman Morina who wrote for Y&R for many years so I'm not against his promotion. Besides, as Supervising Producer all he's doing is supervising all the other producers.

• Administrator

If the networks keep it to themselves, nobody will know, but if they actually tell the writer that they've been fired, word is going to leak throughout the industry...... ;)

I can see the networks firing some writers to maybe scare other writers to come back. :o

Archived